• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why? Just, why?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

Dave_Glaser was awarded the badge 'Conversation Starter' and 10 points.

Why do we insist on embracing this I-4 nonsense to this extent - especially given recent happenings? I just don't get it . . . 

So I'm looking at a video posted on USF's social media of a War on I-4 wall in the athletic center and a new "tradition." Our women's soccer team is celebrating in front of the wall and unveiling the "points" they collected for their win last night at Oviedo CC. While it's clearly an exercise that's designed to build morale, it leaves me feeling completely cold. Wins over UCF that used to be commonplace are now cause for celebration? Argh! I like so much of what is happening in the athletic department, but this new "tradition" is a stone cold loser. Sorry. 

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I agree.  But I also think that at least something is happening.  The sports teams are supporting each other and energy (even if misplaced) is coming out of athletics.  I would rather that than complete apathy and nothing happening.  When things like this happen, if it is wrong it will be figured out quickly and altered or replaced.  Maybe this should be a conference tradition instead of a specific school.  In any event, I am glad to see something.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

Almost as bad as getting a participation trophy

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

34 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Why do we insist on embracing this I-4 nonsense to this extent - especially given recent happenings? I just don't get it . . . 

So I'm looking at a video posted on USF's social media of a War on I-4 wall in the athletic center and a new "tradition." Our women's soccer team is celebrating in front of the wall and unveiling the "points" they collected for their win last night at Oviedo CC. While it's clearly an exercise that's designed to build morale, it leaves me feeling completely cold. Wins over UCF that used to be commonplace are now cause for celebration? Argh! I like so much of what is happening in the athletic department, but this new "tradition" is a stone cold loser. Sorry. 

It’s pure nonsense and if both you and @Triple B agree with me on something I find it quite shocking that anyone can see it any other way despite the mounting evidence that this was a horrible idea. UCF was dead and we nurses them back to life and empowered them to get called up ahead of us, interestingly enough now that we are the left behind ones I will bet dollars to doughnuts that they don’t find this “natural rivalry” to be as important or worth persevering.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

I hate UCF and I support celebrating wins over them a little harder, but this whole War on I4 points system seems a little odd. Does any other rivalry have an all sports trophy like this?

I think celebrating wins over a rival should be something a little simpler. Like the winners of Bama vs Tennessee all smoke cigars, that's how a tradition catches on. When its simple and easy so everyone takes part.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Test:

🤢 🤮:puke:    :throwup:

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bulloni said:

I hate UCF

I don't hate them at all.  I just think they are annoying.  Why reward that ****?  I won't do that with my kids.

It's a horrible thing to compare or grade ourselves on.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I don't hate them at all.  I just think they are annoying.  Why reward that ****?  I won't do that with my kids.

It's a horrible thing to compare or grade ourselves on.

When you win a game/match you celebrate.  When you beat a B12 team in any sport you celebrate. That second one is just to twist your buttons. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not talking about the chicks celebrating. 

It's why honor UCF (except for the fact we helped create them).