• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TDS and CJL

StPeteBull91

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

What does The Daily Stampede have against Jim Leavitt? From constantly reminding everyone how “he will never come back” to “what a mediocre coach he is”… 

To top it off during their preview of SMU they literally said they hope if the broadcast mentions him to be sure they mention how/why he was fired. Seriously? 

Edited by StPeteBull91
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, StPeteBull91 said:

What does The Daily Stampede have against Jim Leavitt? From constantly reminding everyone how “he will never come back” to “what a mediocre coach he is”… 

To top it off during their preview of SMU they literally said they hope if the broadcast mentions him to be sure they mention how/why he was fired. Seriously? 

Well I think you have to agree it’s highly likely that he will never come back. But, credit has to be given as a coach on the field (especially defensively) and starting the program. He will one day come back to USF but as many have stated it will be to unveil the statute. Time to put away the hatchet and let bygones be bygones. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

I just appreciate all the winning he did here. Its amazing how people can hate on that

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Hey if you love negativity you'll love them. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

21 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

Hey if you love negativity you'll love them. 

Not necessarily 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  9,894
  • Content Count:  66,066
  • Days Won:  172

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well I think you have to agree it’s highly likely that he will never come back. But, credit has to be given as a coach on the field (especially defensively) and starting the program. He will one day come back to USF but as many have stated it will be to unveil the statute. Time to put away the hatchet and let bygones be bygones. 

i believe we should let bygones be bygones but a statue. come on 

his place in usf history is solidified but he doesnt deserve a statue.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

16 minutes ago, smazza said:

agreed, if they end up building some USF hall of fame attached to the stadium put him in that. 

As for TDS hating on him, all I can think of is pretending he was bad makes the fact that we parted ways with a coach who had us on a constant 13 year upward trajectory sting a little less.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, smazza said:

4 minutes ago, bulloni said:

agreed, if they end up building some USF hall of fame attached to the stadium put him in that. 

As for TDS hating on him, all I can think of is pretending he was bad makes the fact that we parted ways with a coach who had us on a constant 13 year upward trajectory sting a little less.

Fair enough, a statute may be overstepping but some type of recognition in front of the staduim would seem to be warranted. Perhaps a founders recognition in front of the stadium with the names LRS, CJL, and Paul Griffin. 

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,503
  • Days Won:  3

I do enjoy their podcast from time to time, but you would think they would have a better production quality after doing it for this long.

They still have it where it sounds like they are trying to record a cellphone using a cheap mic, or it cuts out and you can’t hear jack.