• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How credible do we think this is?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

I'm interested to see how this would render out. You would think that any FL school should have stadiums in the N/S orientation due to the sun, but with the track location it almost forces you to have the E/W orientation. Location overall, it makes sense. They want to be able to tie in the Football Center into the OCS, and the best way to do that is to have it as close to the current practice facilities. Like I said on a previous thread, is how they tie in the newly renovated Football locker rooms at LRS to the Football Center/OCS. In order to do that, you would have to have the Football Center attaching to the LRS, and that would sit right on top of the Soccer training grounds. (My interpretation of the layout below)

Regardless, this is all still speculation and it is a fun problem to talk about. But like others, I will believe it when they open up a donation fund and release some real renders with groundbreaking dates.

image.thumb.png.41061dc746da4132403ec6b9a58fad2c.png

It is a well known fact that feasibility studies are great, but **** does not get real until TBP members start photoshopping stadiums onto the USF campus😀

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

They have one at the Amp at the fairgrounds. To my knowledge there has never been a problem with it.

I wouldn't think that a grass berm would present any more of a drainage problem than steep concrete stands on both sides the full length of the field.  I'm sure there would be retaining walls and a pitch toward some sort of drainage system.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

I wouldn't think that a grass berm would present any more of a drainage problem than steep concrete stands on both sides the full length of the field.  I'm sure there would be retaining walls and a pitch toward some sort of drainage system.

NFL: 4 Epically Awful Bad Weather Football Games | The Weather Channel -  Articles from The Weather Channel | weather.com

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,561
  • Days Won:  29

Just now, BDYZR said:

NFL: 4 Epically Awful Bad Weather Football Games | The Weather Channel -  Articles from The Weather Channel | weather.com

Oh . . . memories of old Tampa Stadium.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Oh . . . memories of old Tampa Stadium.

I remember being at those games at the Old Sombrero.  Rain just coming down those steps like Niagara Falls.

Guest Jonesy Bull
15 minutes ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

I remember being at those games at the Old Sombrero.  Rain just coming down those steps like Niagara Falls.

Old Sombrero

See the source image

Not the ole Sombrero but.....

See the source image

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Any chance to use rollaway bleachers to cover a track - kind of like they do in gymnasiums - for game days?  Don't they add seats to baseball stadiums on the field for playoffs/world series?  Don't they add seats to Ray Jay for Super Bowl? Know those aren't on the field but up near the pirate ship.  Just spitballing.

This would be pretty low seats…could you see over the players heads? 

Guest Jonesy Bull
20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This would be pretty low seats…could you see over the players heads? 

Or you can add really low seats and see well below the players heads.  🤣

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, bowman1 said:

It is a well known fact that feasibility studies are great, but **** does not get real until TBP members start photoshopping stadiums onto the USF campus😀

Then it's been real for over a decade ...