• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How credible do we think this is?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,733
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

Seat Deposits? $500 per account?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

Put a tack around the soccer stadium and move the tennis courts by the softball stadium then you would have plenty of room for the football stadium.  It would be cool to have the football stadium in this location as it would be close to the students and connected to Athletics.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Put the track inside the stadium..pretty common

stadium.jpg

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

https://youtu.be/kVnnXad39uE?t=4856

Nathan was asked about the OCS on a FAMU podcast and said USF wants butts in seats at the new stadium for the 2025/2026 season. Also mentioned they want it at the current site of the track stadium.

He's way more plugged in at USF than I am so I'm not gonna call BS on those dates, but if true that shows some serious commitment. I've thought of 2025 as absolute best case.

I'm interested to see how this would render out. You would think that any FL school should have stadiums in the N/S orientation due to the sun, but with the track location it almost forces you to have the E/W orientation. Location overall, it makes sense. They want to be able to tie in the Football Center into the OCS, and the best way to do that is to have it as close to the current practice facilities. Like I said on a previous thread, is how they tie in the newly renovated Football locker rooms at LRS to the Football Center/OCS. In order to do that, you would have to have the Football Center attaching to the LRS, and that would sit right on top of the Soccer training grounds. (My interpretation of the layout below)

Regardless, this is all still speculation and it is a fun problem to talk about. But like others, I will believe it when they open up a donation fund and release some real renders with groundbreaking dates.

image.thumb.png.41061dc746da4132403ec6b9a58fad2c.png

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  68

Not a big fan of football stadiums with tracks as it pushes you too far away from the action.  Looks like they could retro fit a track around the soccer stadium and reuse the stands / lights etc...  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

Colorado State's color scheme is pleasing to my eye.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

41 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Seat Deposits? $500 per account?

I'm paying $400/year/seat now. Would have to be much more than $500 per account.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

It's all just speculation until something happens.  Maybe Nathan reads the board:

On 9/15/2021 at 7:40 AM, Ricky the Bull said:

Michael Kelly said one option is to put it at the track stadium's location and then create a new T&F complex.  I like the idea of having it close to both the dorms and the athletic district.

And John Lewis has stated something to there will be a plan, indicating it is to be in motion sooner rather than later - even before some of us bite the dust.

On 9/13/2021 at 1:07 PM, John Lewis said:

There is going to be a realistic plan for the OCS. I can't tell you exactly when that will roll out, but it will be rolled out, so that those interested in helping with that project can do so.

I've been here a long while and I don't think I have ever heard the Board of Trustees Chairperson ever talk about an OCS the way it is being discussed now.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

15 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Put the track inside the stadium..pretty common

stadium.jpg

Ok buloneyi, so I take it you didnt like that idea...got it. But, a red down arrow? Extreme dude borderline violent. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  4,733
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

10 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm paying $400/year/seat now. Would have to be much more than $500 per account.

I'm referring to to a possible deposit by ground breaking for stadium.