• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs. Florida A&M

Please select your Offensive Player of the Game  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

43 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Quite frankly, I was more discouraged by this game than the ones before.  Thought I saw some progress at the end of UF but I saw no real momentum brought forward into this game.  And our middle defense was nonexistent.  I think for us to have a shot at BYU we need to move the game to Sunday.

I feel the same way.  That was a step back to me.  We'll see if we can hang with BYU.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

49 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Quite frankly, I was more discouraged by this game than the ones before.  Thought I saw some progress at the end of UF but I saw no real momentum brought forward into this game.  And our middle defense was nonexistent.  I think for us to have a shot at BYU we need to move the game to Sunday.

Agree 100%

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I feel the same way.  That was a step back to me.  We'll see if we can hang with BYU.

To me, the first half was hardly a step back. We played well enough for the most part. The second half was a disappointment, for sure. 

This team is a work in progress. There are going to be more disparate halves of play in our future. I'm encouraged that the coaches have moved on from Cade and are focusing on the future of this program.

We are exactly where most sane observers expected us to be at this point, 1-2 with BYU coming up. We now know that BYU has a top 20 defense and is going to be a lot more formidable than original prognostications indicated. 1-3 is very likely, but we are making progress each game, and that is the most important thing to see. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

I was disappointed to see in the second half our defense once again being rolled over. There is no excuses for the consistent big runs FAMU was getting in second half. But we will have to live thru that rest of this season. Don’t understand coaching decisions like taking McClain out when he needs more Reps and game was still within reach. The defense playing off the WRs all game was driving me nuts. I guess the plan was not to give up big plays.

We need bigger recruits for the DLine for sure, so they better work on that priority for next year.

BYU could get ugly, they have big physical team, usually older and if our offense doesn’t click and score 30+ points it will be ugly

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I was disappointed to see in the second half our defense once again being rolled over. There is no excuses for the consistent big runs FAMU was getting in second half. But we will have to live thru that rest of this season. Don’t understand coaching decisions like taking McClain out when he needs more Reps and game was still within reach. The defense playing off the WRs all game was driving me nuts. I guess the plan was not to give up big plays.

We need bigger recruits for the DLine for sure, so they better work on that priority for next year.

BYU could get ugly, they have big physical team, usually older and if our offense doesn’t click and score 30+ points it will be ugly

Yea defense would tighten up as they got closer to redzone. 

I think part of 2nd half defense issues was playing more backups.

Agree DL needs to be a priority next class.

First half was good.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, SilverBull said:

I see what you did there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

To me, the first half was hardly a step back. We played well enough for the most part. The second half was a disappointment, for sure. 

This team is a work in progress. There are going to be more disparate halves of play in our future. I'm encouraged that the coaches have moved on from Cade and are focusing on the future of this program.

We are exactly where most sane observers expected us to be at this point, 1-2 with BYU coming up. We now know that BYU has a top 20 defense and is going to be a lot more formidable than original prognostications indicated. 1-3 is very likely, but we are making progress each game, and that is the most important thing to see. 

We talking people on the Bullspen or actual betting line types?

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

11 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We talking people on the Bullspen or actual betting line types?

Both. I think BYU is exceeding everyone's expectations right now