• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Forbes/Layberger: South Florida, Left Out Of Big 12 Expansion, Is Building For A Better Day

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Triple B said:

I was kind of wondering the hate for paper straws. Actually used one this weekend and not a big deal ..... even kind of cute with red and white stripes.

Most of them fall apart and change taste as they dissolve, no one cares what straws are actually made out of they just don’t want an inferior product. If more effort was put into making a better straw instead of legislating straws people would be more than happy to adapt.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Most of them fall apart and change taste as they dissolve, no one cares what straws are actually made out of they just don’t want an inferior product. If more effort was put into making a better straw instead of legislating straws people would be more than happy to adapt.

maybe you should just bring a sippy cup

the free market is not infallible. While I believe there needs to be a balance, legislation in the past has been a great benefit to society at times.

Child labor laws, laws against slavery, heck even laws requiring car companies to put in seat belts.

I believe you just had a post saying you wanted to live within an HOA. That's like the complete opposite of freedom.

Everything in your community is legislated from how high you can grow your grass to what color you can paint your house.

I find it funny when people get their panties in a bunch over such stupid things as plastic straws. lol

when both sides of the aisle let tech companies collect all sorts of data on us or the military industrial complex wants to keep a never ending war going.

we stand around and complain about plastic straws and face masks. lol

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

:backtotopic:

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

:backtotopic:

It is a great topic.  This advice is wise.  Yes, I too was complicit in 360 reverse dunking on the horrible invention of paper straws for a minute.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

17 hours ago, hm101 said:

I can't help but wonder if the absence of a president let Jon and Will get a little bold here and throw this out there. Basically now if you want the president job good luck walking this back. That's my inner machiavelli thinking, perhaps. 

That or athletics is a priority with the new search

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

Rhea Law is a "her" .....

pronouns .. pff

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

It is a great topic.  This advice is wise.  Yes, I too was complicit in 360 reverse dunking on the horrible invention of paper straws for a minute.

USF vs. NC State/first half UF is the 'paper straws' of USF Football! Right back on topic;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

You should stop drinking your Scotch through straws and grow up.  Use a sippy cup. Edit: Sorry Bulls94. Replied to his post and saw your comment after I replied.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, hm101 said:

I can't help but wonder if the absence of a president let Jon and Will get a little bold here and throw this out there. Basically now if you want the president job good luck walking this back. That's my inner machiavelli thinking, perhaps. 

I’m confused; aren’t these individuals involved in hiring the president?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,863
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, HyperBullee said:

I’m confused; aren’t these individuals involved in hiring the president?

Yes but in a normal environment with a sitting president I'd say the chances of will coming out swinging with this comment is much closer to zero. With that being vacant I am speculating that the vacuum leaves room for power players to put this on the table as a signal that: you need to be on board. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, hm101 said:

Yes but in a normal environment with a sitting president I'd say the chances of will coming out swinging with this comment is much closer to zero. With that being vacant I am speculating that the vacuum leaves room for power players to put this on the table as a signal that: you need to be on board. 

Fair enough. I would think that the board would be dictating these things. Basically, I’m saying that it would make sense if the President of the University would be more cautious around the board instead of vice-versa. But again, that’s fair if your speculation is accurate.