• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Surreal Moments from UF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,006
  • Days Won:  38

POV: Entire stadium filled with UF fans.  95/5 split (incl. one USF Wizard).  Situational awareness does not not kick in.  

• Tampa Bay Lightning Hype Man tries getting a green and gold chant going.  UF Fans basically boo loudly and pivoted into a Blue and Orange chant.
  • UF band plays over our pregame with the team getting ready to come onto the field.
  • PA Announcer doing the absolute cringe playlist.  Is this pre-recorded?  Should our new mascot be Sisyphus?  
    • Home side: Gooooooooooooooooooooo Bulls!
    • Away side: Gooooooooooooooooooooo Bulls!
    • I possibly blacked out from an existential crisis, but I remember "Give me a U!" etc...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

27 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

POV: Entire stadium filled with UF fans.  95/5 split (incl. one USF Wizard).  Situational awareness does not not kick in.  

• Tampa Bay Lightning Hype Man tries getting a green and gold chant going.  UF Fans basically boo loudly and pivoted into a Blue and Orange chant.
  • UF band plays over our pregame with the team getting ready to come onto the field.
  • PA Announcer doing the absolute cringe playlist.  Is this pre-recorded?  Should our new mascot be Sisyphus?  
    • Home side: Gooooooooooooooooooooo Bulls!
    • Away side: Gooooooooooooooooooooo Bulls!
    • I possibly blacked out from an existential crisis, but I remember "Give me a U!" etc...

I think Sisyphus usually gets to the top of the mountain repeatedly before the rock comes back down

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Call me crazy, but I was expecting less of a USF presence. Hated seeing that much orange and blue throughout and in the student section, but we've got to work on rebuilding this fan base.

2 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Call me crazy, but I was expecting less of a USF presence. Hated seeing that much orange and blue throughout and in the student section, but we've got to work on rebuilding this fan base.

I honestly felt like it was 1/3 to 2/3 and not nearly as bad as 95 to 5. My section was at worst 50/50 and the student sections looked mostly USF (unfortunately not 100 percent). The other half of the stadium did look to be mostly UF.

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I think Sisyphus usually gets to the top of the mountain repeatedly before the rock comes back down

That is correct, but I am thinking we are pushing the boulder over a decade now.

Just now, Rocky Style said:

That is correct, but I am thinking we are pushing the boulder over a decade now.

I get it but most times it feels like we are at the foot of the mountain with the Boulder on top of us. Camus says that we need to imagine Sisyphus happy but I certainly haven’t felt happy. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Yea that was guaranteed to be a disaster. There wasn't any green on that away side. They should've known just to let the band play or play music between plays. I normally hate how loud he is but he did us a solid a few times by talking over UF fans doing their gator chants

8 minutes ago, pascobull said:

Yea that was guaranteed to be a disaster. There wasn't any green on that away side. They should've known just to let the band play or play music between plays. I normally hate how loud he is but he did us a solid a few times by talking over UF fans doing their gator chants

Excellent!  We must fight fire with fire.

I think the most surreal part for me was being in a crowd and having cheering fans around, I took the walking method instead of the escalator because I initially found it rather shocking 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Not surreal, but humorous/irritating, going into a 2.5-3 minute timeout and our cheerleaders try to start a defense/get loud cheer.