The OCS Is Too Late for Conference Expansion

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

It shouldn't be - losing Texas and Oklahoma, and had already lost what? Colorado, Missouri and Texas A & M, right?  There's a discussion on here somewhere (with opinion I cannot validate) that says the P5 will keep them in the club, but I don't know.  

Better than the remaining AAC but even further away from the real P4.

Their  TV contract should  drop tremendously.

Members do not see this ad, Register
1 hour ago, slick1ru2 said:

Their  TV contract should  drop tremendously.

the TV + CFP + Basketball Credits wont drop nearly as much as you think

• TV estimated $20-25M per team - even if assume $15-20M still . (first two years 50% distribution)
  • CFP is $66M to each P5 conference...that alone is $5M per team [ this will double or triple if expanded playoff]
  • Basketball credit $500k to $1.2M

and AAC distribution will drop as well....

9 hours ago, Brad said:

You seem offended.  I made no comment regarding you.  I was simply tying my question about the Orca to the thread subject matter so as not to be too far off topic.  Lighten up.  :)  

Sorry Brad.  Yes, it is an Orca 40 QT and looks almost identical to my RTIC 45 QT that I have on my boat.  However, the lack of those 5 QT makes a big difference.  For example, a wine bottle will not fit standing up (lid won't close).  The color and logo are great and it is roto molded cooler so it should keep ice a long time.  I also bought it for family gatherings to show some bull pride.  I have Gator and UCF alumni in the family.  Sorry again I was really bummed out about the conf. thing.  Go Bulls!

1 hour ago, cmhatter said:

I don’t think their tv money will drop much. 

I think they were expecting a huge uptick when they renegotiated. 

Now, they may just stay status-quo or see a minor dip. 

An article in the athletic said their payouts could drop between $20-$30M per team from the $37M per team with Texas and OU.

This article on UCFs site says that without OU and texas ratings for big 12 members is equal to or lower than ratings for AAC members. Their TV money will drop like a rock. That's why they offered OU and Texas an additional $20M per year each not to leave.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JLR Investor Group said:

the TV + CFP + Basketball Credits wont drop nearly as much as you think

• TV estimated $20-25M per team - even if assume $15-20M still . (first two years 50% distribution)
  • CFP is $66M to each P5 conference...that alone is $5M per team [ this will double or triple if expanded playoff]
  • Basketball credit $500k to $1.2M

and AAC distribution will drop as well....

They remaining schools offered Texas and OU an additional $20M each per year for them not to leave. They did this because they know that the TV money etc will be leaving with them. You are fooling yourself if you think their payouts remain anywhere near where they currently are.

• Upvote 1