• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football team only at 80% vaccination rate

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

13 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

What are the odds this thread stays 100% about football?

Oh boy!

🍿

It would be sad if it doesn’t stay about football.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  952
  • Days Won:  1

There is not much to say about football with this thread. As for me, I am happy that the 80% who got vaccinated feel good about their decision and feel safe. I am also happy to hear that the 20% talked to their parents for different perspectives and information and made the choice that they feel safe with. Everybody is different and every person has different risks/concerns and as we have seen different people react differently to COVID. That’s why in America we can celebrate the right to choose for ourselves (my body, my choice means just that). We need to stop villainizing people who don’t believe the same things we do. We are all Americans, on this board we are all Bulls and we all want our families and each other to be safe and healthy. Go Bulls!!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I fully expect that we will have players missing games this year due to a positive test. The same will be true of our opponents just have to hope it is not a key player for us. 

Even with the vaccine they can get covid and have a positive test and yes, I have had the vaccine

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, michibull said:

There is not much to say about football with this thread. As for me, I am happy that the 80% who got vaccinated feel good about their decision and feel safe. I am also happy to hear that the 20% talked to their parents for different perspectives and information and made the choice that they feel safe with. Everybody is different and every person has different risks/concerns and as we have seen different people react differently to COVID. That’s why in America we can celebrate the right to choose for ourselves (my body, my choice means just that). We need to stop villainizing people who don’t believe the same things we do. We are all Americans, on this board we are all Bulls and we all want our families and each other to be safe and healthy. Go Bulls!!

My only concern is that their parents may not be virologists or truly educated on the subject matter, so what's the point in taking their advice? I respect my elders but I wouldn't go to them for medical advice. 

We're all adults and experts at something, but we are not all experts at everything. I like to believe we are smart enough to realize just how ignorant we are on certain topics. 

With that being said, as a teacher,  I got vaccinated as soon as I could because I care about my family and my students. I'd hope that our athletes care about their brothers on the field and the university enough to trust in science. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, snarling Bull said:

Even with the vaccine they can get covid and have a positive test and yes, I have had the vaccine

I wonder if vaccinated players are still tested or only the unvaccinated?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, snarling Bull said:

Correct…that is why I made the comment…

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,328
  • Content Count:  21,279
  • Days Won:  10

6 hours ago, snarling Bull said:

Yep, and that is why this is a political scam.   This is not about helping people but controlling them.  We know statistics for people under the age of 25 dying from this is extremely small.

Let's get back to football.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Wait until a QB goes down for two weeks…this board will be a lot of fun. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 hours ago, JTrue said:

Kind of a **** tweet. There are myriad of ways he could have expressed the same point.

I agree.  This is a hot button issue with a lot of people and everybody has their own opinion and decisions and rightfully so.  This is America.  Even though I'm pro-vaccination for me and my family, I would never tell other people what I think they should do regarding their own bodies.

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 hours ago, Triple B said:

They've probably got people paying them to get the shot ....

Intended to be funny, but I bet you are more right than you realize.