• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NC State Pre-game "Tailgate" Happy Hour - USFAA RDU Chapter

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,467
  • Days Won:  13

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

Jim Johnson was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 10 points.

Gather with fellow USF Bulls Fans ahead of the football game against NC State. We picked a happy hour, rather than set up in the parking lot, because we can't predict the weather weeks in advance.  Plus parking can be a bit of an issue, as all of the lots require pre-purchasing a permit.  

PLEASE REGISTER HERE (so we can have a headcount): https://www.usfalumni.org/ncstatepregame

The event will be hosted at Clouds Brewing downtown location (126 N West St, Raleigh, NC 27603)

large.ncstate_happyhour.png

The USF Alumni Association - Raleigh Durham chapter welcomes all USF fans to gather and celebrate before driving to Carter-Finley Stadium for the game.

Edited by Jim Johnson
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

On 8/16/2021 at 2:34 PM, Jim Johnson said:

Gather with fellow USF Bulls Fans ahead of the football game against NC State. We picked a happy hour, rather than set up in the parking lot, because we can't predict the weather weeks in advance.  Plus parking can be a bit of an issue, as all of the lots require pre-purchasing a permit.  

PLEASE REGISTER HERE (so we can have a headcount): https://www.usfalumni.org/ncstatepregame

The event will be hosted at Clouds Brewing downtown location (126 N West St, Raleigh, NC 27603)

large.ncstate_happyhour.png

The USF Alumni Association - Raleigh Durham chapter welcomes all USF fans to gather and celebrate before driving to Carter-Finley Stadium for the game.

Registered…thanks

• Like 2

@dausfbulls11 - Excellent. I am plannig to wear by BullsPen polo shirt... in case others from here attend.

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,435
  • Days Won:  19

9 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

@dausfbulls11 - Excellent. I am plannig to wear by BullsPen polo shirt... in case others from here attend.

Thanks, this sounds like fun.  The Hickory Bulls branch hopes to make it and look forward to seeing everyone.  If you see what appears to be a USF Fathead moving through the crowd, don't be alarmed, it's just me.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

Access 3
Getting to Carter-Finley Stadium can prove to be rather challenging, as both intense traffic and parking can prove to be an issue. While the Carter-Finley Stadium itself is located a reasonable distance from NC State’s main campus and downtown Raleigh, traffic can be very difficult, especially on Blue Ridge and Trinity Roads near the stadium, so give yourself plenty of time to arrive early. 

Like most college football stadiums, parking around the stadium itself requires a permit, but most lots within a half-mile of the stadium will cost you twenty dollars unless you park on the Hillsborough Street Lot, which will set you back ten dollars.  Handicap parking is available in the Westchase Lot for twenty dollars, but there is a shuttle to and from the stadium.

Speaking of shuttles, the Red Terror has complimentary bus service between various points throughout NC State’s campus, beginning two hours before kickoff, and retraces its route until 90 minutes postgame. The shuttle is a good option if you are not able to find any parking in and around NC State, which can be difficult. Other buses, including the Number 6 Wolf line, Go Triangle 100, and GoRaleigh 4, stop near Carter-Finley Stadium, but game day can affect these schedules, so go online and make sure they are running as scheduled.

Lines can be a little congested to enter the stadium, but they aren’t too problematic as there are a fair amount of gates, and the concourse is very spacious, especially behind the South end zone where you are able to see the game action as you walk around the concourse.  Accessible seating is located above the main seating areas throughout the stadium’s lower level, and restrooms are clean and well kept.

https://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/carter-finley-stadium-s400

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

47 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Access 3
Getting to Carter-Finley Stadium can prove to be rather challenging, as both intense traffic and parking can prove to be an issue. While the Carter-Finley Stadium itself is located a reasonable distance from NC State’s main campus and downtown Raleigh, traffic can be very difficult, especially on Blue Ridge and Trinity Roads near the stadium, so give yourself plenty of time to arrive early. 

Like most college football stadiums, parking around the stadium itself requires a permit, but most lots within a half-mile of the stadium will cost you twenty dollars unless you park on the Hillsborough Street Lot, which will set you back ten dollars.  Handicap parking is available in the Westchase Lot for twenty dollars, but there is a shuttle to and from the stadium.

Speaking of shuttles, the Red Terror has complimentary bus service between various points throughout NC State’s campus, beginning two hours before kickoff, and retraces its route until 90 minutes postgame. The shuttle is a good option if you are not able to find any parking in and around NC State, which can be difficult. Other buses, including the Number 6 Wolf line, Go Triangle 100, and GoRaleigh 4, stop near Carter-Finley Stadium, but game day can affect these schedules, so go online and make sure they are running as scheduled.

Lines can be a little congested to enter the stadium, but they aren’t too problematic as there are a fair amount of gates, and the concourse is very spacious, especially behind the South end zone where you are able to see the game action as you walk around the concourse.  Accessible seating is located above the main seating areas throughout the stadium’s lower level, and restrooms are clean and well kept.

https://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/carter-finley-stadium-s400

You've got a great memory or have been there multiple times. I remember traffic being a bear and just crawling (the car, not me) until we found a pay lot.  1/2 mile seems about right, maybe a bit more.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You've got a great memory or have been there multiple times. I remember traffic being a bear and just crawling (the car, not me) until we found a pay lot.  1/2 mile seems about right, maybe a bit more.

I have no memory, but I do have google. Cheapest parking pass I can find so far is $61 on stubhub. Non permit lots appear to be anywhere from 1/2 to a mile away from the stadium. I'm just trying to get our timing down.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

On 8/18/2021 at 9:16 AM, BDYZR said:

Here's a map that identifies those lots, green with black stripes, you're referring to:

https://gopack.com/documents/2019/6/25/2019_Football_Parking_Map_040219_with_Hillsborough_2_.pdf

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 10:12 AM, BDYZR said:

I have no memory, but I do have google. Cheapest parking pass I can find so far is $61 on stubhub. Non permit lots appear to be anywhere from 1/2 to a mile away from the stadium. I'm just trying to get our timing down.

The kickoff is 7:30... which is why we decided to end the Happy Hour at 6:00... 90 minutes to go about 5 miles

image.png

Edited by Jim Johnson