• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seems some USF Young'uns Don Like America

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Video-88.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Some U.S. college students are refusing to root for Team USA at the Tokyo Olympics, opting to cheer for individual athletes instead of their home country.

To bad they didn't interview these people off campus. Yep, they are entitled to an opinion but it's insulting they can be associated in the article/interview with USF. Goes back to that old saying, You don't like living in this Country go try somewhere else.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Where do you think the hate for our country is being taught?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Where do you think the hate for our country is being taught?

Since this girl appears to be about 19 and not long out of high school=possibility. Parents? Media? Social media? The guy doesn't look very old either. Of course there doesn't appear to be any attempt to find students with conflicting feelings. Both are of the "people of color" grouping( not me creating this skin tone category). Guy sounds possibly, english 2nd language? Hate and Racial divide are the new weapons. Down with America is the mantra for many. People show up here then turn around and hate the Country. I think a lot of young have been basically, brain washed for many years. They have only minimal life experience but they enjoy hanging on to the anti-America theme. Yep, we saw lot's of this back in the 60's. Then all of a sudden the anti-America, hippy, racial hate population, went into jobs, professions had families and America went on with...some changes for the better. I see the young trying to replicate a lot of things from the 60's. They've latched on to the music, appearance, etc. Thing is, each new generation is more hateful and less useful than the previous one. So, in answer to your question: Hate is being nurtured by the Haters.

My big problem with this is, interview off campus since "their opinion" has nothing to do with "our" university. Maybe a large % of alumni don't want to see USF associated with Anti-America. We don't need constant negatives affecting USF. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

I really don’t bother with the Olympics, not because I hate the country but mainly because our athletes disrespect our country and if I did watch I would be rooting for them to lose in some instances women’s soccer team for example).  I wouldn’t make too much out of this, just some young stupid kids that have not developed any original thoughts yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Oh, FFS this is from Fox News.  They will do anything to stir up trouble.   They have the narrative that "college is bad", well bad for their viewers but not for their employees or their employee's children.  They do anything to make education look like some type of communist conspiracy and want to keep people uninformed except for their slanted view points.  WTF does Brian Kilmeade even know about USF?

This girl is probably young and sheltered and probably gets her world view from Snapchat and Tik Tok.    

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,985
  • Days Won:  469

Or CNN.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On 8/2/2021 at 9:56 AM, Friscobull said:

I really don’t bother with the Olympics, not because I hate the country but mainly because our athletes disrespect our country and if I did watch I would be rooting for them to lose in some instances women’s soccer team for example).  I wouldn’t make too much out of this, just some young stupid kids that have not developed any original thoughts yet.

Why not actually do a little leg work and figure out which events are to avoid based on your politics? I thought it was ******* awesome seeing the 19 military athletes/olympians and I tuned in to some sports just to specifically watch them. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Why not actually do a little leg work and figure out which events are to avoid based on your politics? I thought it was ******* awesome seeing the 19 military athletes/olympians and I tuned in to some sports just to specifically watch them. 

I guess I am too lazy and didn’t bother however that is not a bad suggestion.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I don’t root for America in the Olympics either, not because of politics but because the Olympics are hella boring 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I guess I am too lazy and didn’t bother however that is not a bad suggestion.

100%, I'm not trying to pick a fight, and  I get your reasons for tuning out. Just a suggestion. I'm not against the protest stuff, but I also don't tune in for it. I cherry picked my watching for what I wanted to see and didn't turn it all off.