• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There's a new Deputy...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

PIERCE_DEPUTY_AD.jpg?preset=large.social

ACC Sr. Associate Commissioner/Senior Woman Administrator to fill new role in Athletics.

Welcome to USF!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

I hope we really needed an additional expenditure right now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Brad said:

I hope we really needed an additional expenditure right now.

Maybe there is good news in our future re: revenues?  Nah, I didn't think so. We lost a few bodies during covid but since this a new title I'm at a loss.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

will have primary responsibilities directing the day-to-day operations of the athletic department and providing leadership to sport administrators and other key internal departments.

sounds like Michael Kelly is busy enough with long term goals like conference expansion, facilities upgrades, and fundraising that he needs help with day to day operations?

At the ACC, she oversaw all of the conference office's Olympic sports budgets, schedules, the implementation of all Olympic sports television contracts, championship facilities and host site agreements, ball agreements, officiating staffs and supervisors of officials

Very familiar with a P5 conference's budgets, TV contracts, and facilities. Could be a good advisor for the direction we need to head in to be considered for a conference of the ACC's stature.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, bulloni said:

sounds like Michael Kelly is busy enough with long term goals like conference expansion, facilities upgrades, and fundraising that he needs help with day to day operations?

Very familiar with a P5 conference's budgets, TV contracts, and facilities. Could be a good advisor for the direction we need to head in to be considered for a conference of the ACC's stature.

Did Barry Clements retire?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Her CV indicates she will be a valuable asset in helping us run our new conference, coupled with MK’s experience in running our own playoff we seem really set. Since anyone we hire must come with ACC experience I am sure all of these connections are going to have us well positioned to join the ACC, I’m really excited for the future.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Her CV indicates she will be a valuable asset in helping us run our new conference, coupled with MK’s experience in running our own playoff we seem really set. Since anyone we hire must come with ACC experience I am sure all of these connections are going to have us well positioned to join the ACC, I’m really excited for the future.

Well, we are getting ACC players, coaches, and admin. Experience is a valuable commodity IF used correctly.

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

Good to see Michael Kelly still having strong ACC connections.  It can certainly come in handy as thing shake out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Days Won:  12

I want MK focusing on networking, conference expansion, big picture and big ticket items around fundraising, etc. 

I think this is appropriate, if I understand it correctly. Even if it is a new expense. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

It seems like we will find out relatively soon if the hiring of Kelly and his "connections" to the ACC are going to pay off