• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

(Glass half Full Thread) Why I feel USF Football will win 8-10 games in 2021

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

12 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The Bucs have sucked a majority of their existence, yet eventually they won 2 Superbowls. Did you spend the bad years upset or did you go with the flow on the path to those 2 Superbowl wins?Im a Saints fan and it has been an even rougher journey to success. In the end, I always believe in the teams I follow no matter what and stay grateful for whatever success they have. Im a Heat, Saints, Dolphins, Mets and USF fan. There are a lot of losses in most teams I grew up loving but I choose to enjoy the journey regardless of my teams success. 

That is a pretty diverse group. Did you grow up in South Florida with NY parents?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I would not say I spent the bad years upset but most fans do piss and moan when there teams suck and also curse and berate them, this is normal fan behavior where I am from.  

I not only piss and moan from year to year but play to play.  😄

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

12 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Probably, just will be the G-whatever playoffs .......

I'd take that in a heartbeat ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,003
  • Days Won:  38

10 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I do think our offense has potential to be much improved.

This is a must.  Remember last year was snap the ball and run around and get sacked.  We need some glimmer of something.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

There's a fine line between good and bad. Jeff Scott had one of the tougher situations in college football history for a year 1 coach last year (covid offseason and a team that was coming off a 4-14 stretch). 

Even so we still grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory against Temple and Memphis. And we lost to UCF by 12 but had 2 backbreaking fumbles by Kelly Joiner at midfield that resulted in UCF touchdowns, if those fumbles don't happen and we those drives result in points for us we likely win.

Win those and we finish last year 4-5 with a win over our rival and are probably teetering to the brim with optimism right now. But we lost those games due to things that would normally be worked on in a regular offseason: red zone offense, ball security, game management, etc. 

I think there's a good chance we go bowling this year. But I'll wait till the fall depth chart comes out before making any predictions. Specifically interested to see the sizes on the defensive line compared to last year.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

Great write-up...I still think our depth isn't where it needs to be..I think we land somewhere in the 4-5 win range...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I would not say I spent the bad years upset but most fans do piss and moan when there teams suck and also curse and berate them, this is normal fan behavior where I am from.  

I'd be interested in knowing if that is, in fact, true ...... that most fans do that. I think that fans obviously aren't happy during those times but do most of them actually take to pissing, moaning, cursing and berating? A portion of the fanbase obviously does but they're also very noticeable so I'm wondering if it really is "most" though ....

20 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Even so we still grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory against Temple and Memphis.

OMG I blocked that out of my memory.  This is like exposure therapy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,931
  • Days Won:  12

I also feel like the bulls will win 8-10 games but that is driven by pure delusion versus any rational analysis. 

14 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I also feel like the bulls will win 8-10 games but that is driven by pure delusion versus any rational analysis. 

This would be amazing.  But then Jeff Scott would go to his Oregon dream job.