• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yes or No on these USF helmets

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

His takes on us not having the right colors used to annoy me as when a brand uses a color it’s now officially the right color but now they remind me of simpler times when we had first world problems like what colors to use on our helmets 

If I remember correctly, my biggest gripe with him was with using the unique mustard/**** gold color for helmets instead of the boring gold that a myriad of other teams used. I loved those helmets and we are in agreement of the simpler times reminder ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If I remember correctly, my biggest gripe with him was with using the unique mustard/**** gold color for helmets instead of the boring gold that a myriad of other teams used. I loved those helmets and we are in agreement of the simpler times reminder ....

I too remember it being an issue with the gold which I also liked and the logo being black which I viewed with polite indifference 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Of the 2..The black would be my choice plus, it would counter and clash nicely with NC State red. NC State story: Did I ever tell you I knew the guy(employee NC St) who let their wolf mascot out of it's pen? It never came back I believe. Think it was Lobo something like that....I can't believe he ever told me that..Lastly, they recruited my son back in 89-90(Coach Sheridan) but, he went elsewhere..And that is all I got on NC State---I bet your glad...😉

My only mascot story involves our daughter. She got into the Otto the Orange costume once. Her friend was Otto for a year or so.  Funny story about mascots - Seniors got the 1st qtr, Jrs 2nd qtr and so on.  So as a Fr you get into a smelly sweated up costume.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

My only mascot story involves our daughter. She got into the Otto the Orange costume once. Her friend was Otto for a year or so.  Funny story about mascots - Seniors got the 1st qtr, Jrs 2nd qtr and so on.  So as a Fr you get into a smelly sweated up costume.

Bet Oklahoma got a new Sooner Schooner driver after the big crash couple years ago. I do believe that guy hadn't been a horse and wagon driver very long. These live mascots can add some pizazz to a pre-game.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,997
  • Days Won:  38

I'm okay with a classic logo nod as a special one off.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If we end up back in CUSA, we should bring back the entire helmet and uniform combos from those days.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

If we end up back in CUSA, we should bring back the entire helmet and uniform combos from those days.

You are not up on the latest gossip.  We are going to SEC with President Steve Spurrier.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  951
  • Days Won:  1

I’m not a big fan of the old logo’s, but I really like the throw back idea. We don’t have a lot of history; but it’s part of ours and if we own it, it works. I personally like green helmet with the oversized robogoat the best. I actually like the idea of having throwbacks once a year, helps to build our history. 

1 hour ago, Gismo said:

image.png.974ca833d67a78af7d00ca171338bb0b.png

Oh YEAH!!