• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

President Currall to retire on Aug 2nd

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

big donor to the school? Key player in Tampa? 

Do we actually have a key player in Tampa that donates to the school?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

Do we actually have a key player in Tampa that donates to the school?

You mean besides "Yoke" whatever the **** that is .... 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

You mean besides "Yoke" whatever the **** that is .... 

From what I gather, signing with Yoke means you're on the platform and people can pay to play with you. So, essentially, you don't get **** unless someone actually wants to play with you. Yoke isn't giving any of these athletes anything. It's like Cameo for gaming. They get a percentage of whoever pays to play with said athlete. I 100% bet I could get Yoke to sponsor me and see how many of my HCC students want to play games with me.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

RETIRE??  Obviously USF is paying him way way too much. Hopefully, he wasn't helping coach basketball last season..  Saw above he is staying on as faculty..? Odd.  We can get NEB to wade in on this one he understands the whole college gig thing...

15 hours ago, Rizman said:

Yep, he stumbled and it just happened to many times.

I would think he could fall back on the: Hey you guys I do have an Asian wife so cut me some slack...I would add, she appears to be attractive too. Oddly, at the GT game we almost literally ran into them. I recognized him and said, hello and Go Bull's...They just looked at me and walked by us. I asked my wife; Honey do I have **** on my face or something?? First impressions...I just fig it was the W Coast roots... 

• Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

11 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I would think he could fall back on the: Hey you guys I do have an Asian wife so cut me some slack...I would add, she appears to be attractive too. Oddly, at the GT game we almost literally ran into them. I recognized him and said, hello and Go Bull's...They just looked at me and walked by us. I asked my wife; Honey do I have **** on my face or something?? First impressions...I just fig it was the W Coast roots... 

They were pleasant enough and they actually came up to my wife and I at the happy hour  (GT) and chatted.  My wife offered him a beer from our bucket which they politely declined.  They were nice enough but not exactly social butterflies.  

26 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

They were pleasant enough and they actually came up to my wife and I at the happy hour  (GT) and chatted.  My wife offered him a beer from our bucket which they politely declined.  They were nice enough but not exactly social butterflies.  

Hmm?? A beer from your bucket Hey.......They prob looked and saw it was Blatz beer and slunk away...then ran.  😃

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Hmm?? A beer from your bucket Hey.......They prob looked and saw it was Blatz beer and slunk away...then ran.  😃

It was Coors light but I am sure they were sorry they stopped by 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

It was Coors light but I am sure they were sorry they stopped by 😀

Poss a bucket with Dom on ice would have been and ice breaker so to speak...Oh well, doesn't matter now this ones headin to the door so wait and schmooze the next one   💋

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, BulledOver said:

RETIRE??  Obviously USF is paying him way way too much. Hopefully, he wasn't helping coach basketball last season..  Saw above he is staying on as faculty..? Odd.  We can get NEB to wade in on this one he understands the whole college gig thing...

It’s actually pretty common when a Dean retires he/she will stay on as a faculty member. Many do that so they can achieve Emeritus status to keep an office. As for presidents, I have seen it before but it’s not too common…usually at smaller institutions. You can bet he will not be “a player” in the business school. Instead, I suspect he will ride off into retirement in a year or two. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1