25 seasons of USF Football - Bulls Ring of Honor

Members do not see this ad, Register
11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not distracting but it’s not like we won the Sugar Bowl or anything. They were sweet wins but they were waisted against inferior teams later in the season. 

9 hours ago, Brad said:

Only inferior based on your expectations. 

Not sure what NEB meant exactly by "inferior team" but it could have been referring to being inferior to the teams we had the sweet wins over early in the season and 2007 was a perfect example of that, i think ....

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You aren't claiming that Rutgers, UConn and Cinci were better than Auburn and WVU are you?

I don't think they were but they also weren't chopped liver either. We were all within one game of each other in conference play that year. FWIW, our five toughest games that year were all one score ones and we were 2-3 in them ....

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Not sure what NEB meant exactly by "inferior team" but it could have been referring to being inferior to the teams we had the sweet wins over early in the season and 2007 was a perfect example of that, i think ....

No I was referring to losses against teams like Uconn, Rutgers, and Louisville.

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No I was referring to losses against teams like Uconn, Rutgers, and Louisville.

Believe it was Cinci.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I don't think they were but they also weren't chopped liver either. We were all within one game of each other in conference play that year. FWIW, our five toughest games that year were all one score ones and we were 2-3 in them ....

2 - 3 in close games. Are you saying it was the coaching?  

I'm only prodding puc a little with that. For the record I liked Leavitt.  

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Believe it was Cinci.

2 - 3 in close games. Are you saying it was the coaching?  

I would love to only lose in close games again, someday we will only lose with dignity again, just not this year.  I don’t think I have ever set a lower bar however we still won’t clear it. 

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

You aren't claiming that Rutgers, UConn and Cinci were better than Auburn and WVU are you?

No of course not.  But better than many of the teams in the the AAC today.

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Which I will never lower.

But you do when you compare conference competition from the Big East in the program's first 10-11 years to conference competition in the AAC after 25.  They have sunk whether you know it or not.

16 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If you can say their first name and know who it is they should be in the Ring: Q, Matt, Marlon, George (ok I cheated), Lee Roy, and Marlon. 

I can do that for about 1500 players.

Also no one has really mentioned top receivers over time like Andre Davis, Rodney Adams as well as some that made some great contributions like McCants, MVS (NFL is some people's criteria).  One of my favorites Huey Whittaker.  RBs D'ernest Johsnon, old school Rafael Wiliams, Dyral McMillan, TE Wilcox, mean linebackers over the years Tyrone McKenzie, Stephen Nicholas, Sam Barrington...DBs Jerome Murphy, Anthony Henry...   Some of these I may have left off the first ballot accidentally.

56 minutes ago, Brad said:

I can do that for about 1500 players.

Also no one has really mentioned top receivers over time like Andre Davis, Rodney Adams as well as some that made some great contributions like McCants, MVS (NFL is some people's criteria).  One of my favorites Huey Whittaker.  RBs D'ernest Johsnon, old school Rafael Wiliams, Dyral McMillan, TE Wilcox, mean linebackers over the years Tyrone McKenzie, Stephen Nicholas, Sam Barrington...DBs Jerome Murphy, Anthony Henry...   Some of these I may have left off the first ballot accidentally.

From that list consideration should be given to McKenzie, MVS, and Henry. Don’t know if they ride to the level of your original list though.