• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Scott makes another list

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wait…you said no one was excited by the hire and that simply was not true. 

I also meant to say, that you were admitting that I (and you can include Puc) was in the minority but turned out to be right.  That said, I would have been happy had Skip won bigtime here. I think he is a good man.  Unfortunately, being a good man does not always make a good coach. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

His Dad cost his Dad by hiring him. Yes, his name helped and I would say that was also the reason he got the L Tech job. He sucked but het what are you going to do 🤷‍♂️

I’m just saying the only place he wasn’t a graduate assistant in FBS football  (which he only got because of Bowden for his dad) was from his dad hiring and promoting him. Then after he got both of them **** canned from USC he took a job at ECU which wasn’t exactly exceptional, so what in the absolute hell did anyone actually  see in his resume that made them think it was improvement?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

I also meant to say, that you were admitting that I (and you can include Puc) was in the minority but turned out to be right.  That said, I would have been happy had Skip won bigtime here. I think he is a good man.  Unfortunately, being a good man does not always make a good coach. 

He still has more big wins than every other coach that has followed him combined, which is almost as funny as it is sad

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I’m just saying the only place he wasn’t a graduate assistant in FBS football  (which he only got because of Bowden for his dad) was from his dad hiring and promoting him. Then after he got both of them **** canned from USC he took a job at ECU which wasn’t exactly exceptional, so what in the absolute hell did anyone actually  see in his resume that made them think it was improvement?

I think it was the “perceived” potential. But this was way misguided and was a serious swing and a miss. Of course after 4 weeks of Leavitt aligatiobs I also think some fans just wanted to move on and be done with the whole situation. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He still has more big wins than every other coach that has followed him combined, which is almost as funny as it is sad

Yes he does…he does have that. 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

51 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The one and only, he was constantly dragging down our accomplishments and comparing them to the team he actually supported of USC and for some reason Rutgers. Everything we did was garbage and being held back by CJL. Now we are actually hot garbage and for some reason (simply to defend his horribly indefensible position) he now pretends like things are peachy keen in the land that college football forgot. Did we get in embarrassed in the National spotlight absolutely, but we were in the national spotlight. Now we don’t have that problem but I don’t think it’s for quite the reasons we would like.

I saw your initial reference to Mazza but glad you added this bit.  While I did have some spirited conversations with Steve, I do not consider him to be a Holtz apologist.  He and I actually were on the same page with our criticisms of Leavitt.  The only difference between Steve and I is he took a true fanatic's point of view while I had a rational point of view.  To keep it simple, I found Leavitt's inability to field a truly consistent offense to be maddening.  I also tired of how the team relied so much on emotion to win some of the bigger games that they fell flat in other games.  I still had to look at the reality that 2009 was really the first season which he had 5 years of recruits who were recruited at the level his program was participating in. I also questioned the ability of USF to not only attract a better coach but to find one with true dedication to the program.  Steve dismissed all of this and I do think he unfairly held a standard to USF that he rightly should hold to USC.  

Edited by Mission9
sp
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,438
  • Days Won:  19

Some things the faithful are waiting for (and likely will be for a loooong time):

A coach with the pro-USF passion of CJL but the actual coaching chops to lead us to the college football Promised Land.

Something similar for men's basketball.

A politician who does the right thing for the right reason.

The second coming of Christ.

The world to change.

john mayer waiting GIF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

46 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Some things the faithful are waiting for (and likely will be for a loooong time):

A coach with the pro-USF passion of CJL but the actual coaching chops to lead us to the college football Promised Land

I don't think you're ever going to find someone like that (and the sooner some in our fan base get that the less irritating this board will be at times) but you don't need one. It's all about the coaching chops to get us to the next level ...

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

55 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

A coach with the pro-USF passion of CJL but the actual coaching chops to lead us to the college football Promised Land.

Something similar for men's basketball.

A politician who does the right thing for the right reason.

The second coming of Christ.

The world to change.

john mayer waiting GIF

So you're saying there's a chance?

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,438
  • Days Won:  19

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So you're saying there's a chance?

season 13 episode 6 GIF