• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Scott makes another list

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

No it’s not, what I said makes you more likely to win in the future CCS had demonstrated at a far greater level than the kid of the guy that gave the bumble bee speech. There has never once been a person excited about CSH there is nothing exciting about him and that was the reason he was hired.  I didn’t disqualify him for losing a game against CJL, I disqualified him for having a face that looks like this which is why he lost to CJL (you are putting the cart before the horse). Have a good day, if you want to.holtz.jpg

While I certainly cannot compete with the fervor you have over this subject, I am definitely in agreement with you that this hire was a disaster from the outset.  I recall both of us being nothing short of miffed that this was the direction the powers that be wanted to go in.  It was a "safe" choice in that he is a friendly person and not prone to butt heads with the local media. The only thing I disagree with you on is the assertion that no one was exited about him.  I believe most of my "arguments" on this board were with people who adamantly defended 'ol Skippy Poo.  Incidentally, the odd  thing is  all of the ones which I had the worst back and forths with are no longer here (or no longer post).

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

While I certainly cannot compete with the fervor you have over this subject, I am definitely in agreement with you that this hire was a disaster from the outset.  I recall both of us being nothing short of miffed that this was the direction the powers that be wanted to go in.  It was a "safe" choice in that he is a friendly person and not prone to butt heads with the local media. The only thing I disagree with you on is the assertion that no one was exited about him.  I believe most of my "arguments" on this board were with people who adamantly defended 'ol Skippy Poo.  Incidentally, the odd  thing is  all of the ones which I had the worst back and forths with are no longer here (or no longer post).

They were excited about a new era enough that they convinced themselves that a Holtz new error  was improvement but there is nothing in his history of nepotism followed by less success than we were already demonstrating that pointed towards improvement. He accomplished everything he was supposed to accomplish here, unfortunately winning wasn’t a part of the equation. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

8 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Incidentally, the odd  thing is  all of the ones which I had the worst back and forths with are no longer here (or no longer post).

I think that's funny.  Similar to the Jim haters that wanted him out (before the McMurphy/Miller tale).  Once the program tanked, they packed up and left TBP.  Couldn't face the music, handle the heat.  Losers.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think that's funny.  Similar to the Jim haters that wanted him out (before the McMurphy/Miller tale).  Once the program tanked, they packed up and left TBP.  Couldn't face the music, handle the heat.  Losers.

Steve shockingly enough remains and still believes he was right, despite how many coaches we continue to churn and how high that plateau now looks from the abyss.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

Steve shockingly enough remains and still believes he was right, despite how many coaches we continue to churn and how high that plateau now looks from the abyss.

Maybe Steve was right, and CJL was the anomaly and all these other coaches are the true form of our program.

30 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Maybe Steve was right, and CJL was the anomaly and all these other coaches are the true form of our program.

Except his premise was the opposite and that we were on the cusp of taking off (apparently the fastest rise in college football history wasn’t quite up to snuff) and that CJL was the albatross dragging us down. It seems like CJL, now that we have comps, actually performed better than the greatness his record indicated.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

Except his premise was the opposite and that we were on the cusp of taking off (apparently the fastest rise in college football history wasn’t quite up to snuff) and that CJL was the albatross dragging us down. It seems like CJL, now that we have comps, actually performed better than the greatness his record indicated.

I really want to see Leavitt get a head coaching job and succeed.

I don’t see how his name never comes up for these openings. Maybe he automatically refuses any head coach offers and only wants to be a coordinator or position coach?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 hours ago, Mission9 said:

You would be in the minority…99% of people in this board were happy with the hire (although this does not mean that 99% supported CJL getting fired). 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Peatearpan said:

I really want to see Leavitt get a head coaching job and succeed.

I don’t see how his name never comes up for these openings. Maybe he automatically refuses any head coach offers and only wants to be a coordinator or position coach?

I think you know that this is complete fiction.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

Steve?? Smazza?? Or someone else?