• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

25 seasons of USF Football - 25 second (+/-) memorable moments

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Also watching the win at Syracuse in person with my son. @MDBull20

Screenshot_20210712-224040-picsay.png

I was at all of the Cuse games at the Carrier Dome. We were undefeated there. Man, I miss that. One year they retired #34 at the half and I saw Jim Brown and Ernie Davis’s mother. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

Hester catch at Auburn.

WR option v L'ville.

FG v Kansas

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Brad said:

Another one I remember personally was being on the field taking pictures when the Bulls were about to upset Southern Miss after all their alleged BS about us joining Conference USA.  We'd already been smacked by them the year or so before but this time....they came into RayJay.  It was Bulls 16-13 with seconds remaining and I was hauling ass to get off the field and into the stands to celebrate with family and friends as the filed goal attempt sailed wide.  Bulls upset the Golden Eagles!  Big win at the time.  I was celebrating big time! Had to prove we arrived time and time again (many times to our own fans).  For those interested in a taste of the era, here is a story from Alan Dell:

USF 16, SOUTHERN MISS 13 Bulls survive when as field goal misses

By ALAN DELL CORRESPONDENT

Posted Oct 13, 2002 at 3:09 AM

TAMPA -- Maybe some of those Conference-USA officials are right, the University of South Florida football team shouldn’t be in their league.

The Bulls deserve something better, Playing on their biggest stage since their birth six years ago, the Bulls knocked off C-USA poster boy Southern Mississippi, which has dominated the league nearly every season since its inception in 1996.

USF’s 16-13 triumph went down to the game’s last play when USM missed a 43-yard field goal attempt with no time left on the clock Saturday night at Raymond James Stadium.

Looking like a scene from a national championship celebration, fans poured out from the raucous crowd of 28,000 plus, after the errant field goal attempt went wide right.

The victory avenges a 41-7 trouncing the Bulls took at the hands of Southern Miss. two years ago in Hattiesburg and probably puts to rest for good the comments made by USM head coach Jeff Bower four years ago when he publicly talked about his displeasure that USF wasn’t ready to to be a member of C-USA.

“We need quality rather than quantity were the words from Bower that stuck in the throats of the USF players for four years, especially the seniors. They expected to being playing for a C-USA automatic bowl bid this year, instead of trying to sneak in as an independent.

REST OF STORY

I remember their coach talking so much trash...that was awesome...

Edited by DJBulls
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

The second half of that 2015 season was pretty refreshing. Starting 1-3 after 4 straight losing seasons then Flowers and Mack lead us to 7-2 the rest of the way, including a 44-3 **** pumping of UCF.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Realizing I was at Q’s first USF start at SMU and then his final start at the B’ham bowl (including son getting pic with him following game). Talk about a transformation …… reinforcing that there’s always a hope that how you begin isn’t always how you end. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

Realizing I was at Q’s first USF start at SMU and then his final start at the B’ham bowl (including son getting pic with him following game). Talk about a transformation …… reinforcing that there’s always a hope that how you begin isn’t always how you end. 

What a miserable game weather wise. That cold blowing mist.  Feel sorry for you. Glad I was in a suite. 😁 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

What a miserable game weather wise. That cold blowing mist.  Feel sorry for you. Glad I was in a suite. 😁 

Honestly, didn't it mind it that much. That's football weather compared to the sauna like ******** we have here ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Anybody else sit out in that absolute downpour against SW Texas St.?  I sat through that storm of biblical proportions because I was a fan.  Club access went unused.  Probably wouldn't do that again.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

38 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Honestly, didn't it mind it that much. That's football weather compared to the sauna like ******** we have here ...

I sat in a crazy snow storm at one of the Uconn games. Froze my ass off! And we lost on a last second FG! 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,715
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, Brad said:

Anybody else sit out in that absolute downpour against SW Texas St.?  I sat through that storm of biblical proportions because I was a fan.  Club access went unused.  Probably wouldn't do that again.  

I was at the 2008 NC State game in Raleigh and the 2015 game at ECU, both had terrible downpours. Funny how rain games stand out in our memories, especially when we win.

Screenshot_20210713-194253-picsay.png