• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

25 seasons of USF Football - 25 second (+/-) memorable moments

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

25smuse.png

Alright, going in a different direction to get you thinking about 25 seasons of Bulls Football.  For this thread you get a little bit of wiggle room.  25 seconds is close in length to a play, or in some cases an announcement or other happening.  Go back through your USF Football memory and name a few brief things that you remember to have been a highlight of your time as a fan, great things you just can't forget!

For me:

• In person play - 9/28/07 Ben Moffitt intercepting the pass and taking it into the end zone against West Virginia in 2007
  • Happening - Three USF Bulls players being selected back-to-back-to-back in the 2001 NFL draft (I screamed like a school girl and bounced off the couch)
  • Via video - the catch at Auburn...unbelievable victory!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Kevvon  Webster streaking 99 yards to a touchdown at ND and BKs purple face. One of the best. 

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Like Brad.  Ben Moffitt picking off Pat White and returning it for a TD right in front of me.

Epic!

• Upvote 1

A close second would the Jon Lejiste hit in the USF FSU game.

• Upvote 1

Couple other plays that stick in my head are:

• Huey Whittaker catch at Alabama in 2003 (and the unforgettable trip with @The Sheriff)
  • Tyre McCants dragging that tinman into the end zone
24 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

A close second would the Jon Lejiste hit in the USF FSU game.

I just was thinking about that as I was about to offer up some other defensive plays to go with Moffitt's and Webster's.  

• Like 1

McCants dragging the gnat in to the end zone was incredible…if only the game had turned out different.

Another one I remember personally was being on the field taking pictures when the Bulls were about to upset Southern Miss after all their alleged BS about us joining Conference USA.  We'd already been smacked by them the year or so before but this time....they came into RayJay.  It was Bulls 16-13 with seconds remaining and I was hauling ass to get off the field and into the stands to celebrate with family and friends as the filed goal attempt sailed wide.  Bulls upset the Golden Eagles!  Big win at the time.  I was celebrating big time! Had to prove we arrived time and time again (many times to our own fans).  For those interested in a taste of the era, here is a story from Alan Dell:

USF 16, SOUTHERN MISS 13 Bulls survive when as field goal misses

By ALAN DELL CORRESPONDENT

Posted Oct 13, 2002 at 3:09 AM

TAMPA -- Maybe some of those Conference-USA officials are right, the University of South Florida football team shouldn’t be in their league.

The Bulls deserve something better, Playing on their biggest stage since their birth six years ago, the Bulls knocked off C-USA poster boy Southern Mississippi, which has dominated the league nearly every season since its inception in 1996.

USF’s 16-13 triumph went down to the game’s last play when USM missed a 43-yard field goal attempt with no time left on the clock Saturday night at Raymond James Stadium.

Looking like a scene from a national championship celebration, fans poured out from the raucous crowd of 28,000 plus, after the errant field goal attempt went wide right.

The victory avenges a 41-7 trouncing the Bulls took at the hands of Southern Miss. two years ago in Hattiesburg and probably puts to rest for good the comments made by USM head coach Jeff Bower four years ago when he publicly talked about his displeasure that USF wasn’t ready to to be a member of C-USA.

“We need quality rather than quantity were the words from Bower that stuck in the throats of the USF players for four years, especially the seniors. They expected to being playing for a C-USA automatic bowl bid this year, instead of trying to sneak in as an independent.

REST OF STORY

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

The 10 seconds of absolute silence from the Auburn fans.

69k+ watching the USF beat down of WVa.

99 yd fumble return vs Notre Dame.

Grothe, McCants, wow! There are so many good memories.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,726
  • Days Won:  0

All of the above. Plus... Quentin Flowers leading us to back-to-back double digit wins seasons. Seeing USF at #2 just behind Ohio State.