• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone interested in getting a Bullspen Table together?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

If you have to ask that, then you haven't been in a classroom lately

It’s probably been a while but I remember having a whole lot more time off and shorter hours than anyone else I knew that worked in the private sector. It is probably one of the tougher part time jobs but still a part time job none the less.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

It’s probably been a while but I remember having a whole lot more time off and shorter hours than anyone else I knew that worked in the private sector. It is probably one of the tougher part time jobs but still a part time job none the less.

Regardless of this mumbo jumbo .... your comment was on reference to him being in the classroom not during his "time off" or "shorter hours"

Just now, chapelbull said:

Regardless of this mumbo jumbo .... your comment was on reference to him being in the classroom not during his "time off" or "shorter hours"

I consider the even less than banker hours to be a life of leisure

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I consider the even less than banker hours to be a life of leisure

That's fine, but those "less than banker hours" should usually receive combat pay even if they are at a school for the children of the  creme de la creme of Tampa Bay

Just now, chapelbull said:

That's fine, but those "less than banker hours" should usually receive combat pay even if they are at a school for the children of the  creme de la creme of Tampa Bay

Perhaps but the good news is they are never more than a few weeks from paid time off, only work like 180 days with kids, are off by 2 and still get other days that they can take off besides the absurd full calendar of off days they already have to try to recuperate from all of those hazards. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,672
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

So far I have the following who expressed interest @CousinRicky for 2, @pascobullfor 2, @bullsbucsfan426 for 1 (i think), I'll buy 2 if bullsbucsfan wants 2, or 1 if he is just buying 1. As soon as we find out what he is doing we have either 6 or 8. Once everyone confirms they are in and we get 8 seats filled, I will go ahead and buy a table and you guys can pay me by check, venmo, or my wifes paypal. Any of the 3 are good with me.  

I'm confirming that 2 of us will go.

• Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm confirming that 2 of us will go.

ok I'll keep you in the loop. Would like to get this done in the next day or two. If we don't fill the table I'll just buy some individual tixs. 

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,672
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

ok I'll keep you in the loop. Would like to get this done in the next day or two. If we don't fill the table I'll just buy some individual tixs. 

Maybe @BDYZR would be interested if we need 2 more.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I believe they plan this for downtown to get some exposure there for businesses/people that work there and can make it for their lunch hour. 

Would it be a bad idea to do another one of these somewhere else?  Maybe.  Maybe everyone can let them know what suburb they work in, plan an event for that area and then have people not show up - like at games.

The first one was well attended - my guess about 500 people.  I'm sure they are sorry they couldn't ask everyone for their preference.  

And didn't they do these around the state for a couple of years?  Doesn't seemed to have helped attendance.

Maybe I got up on the wrong side of bed today but these comments just hit me wrong.

Sorry if my comment hit you wrong, but IMO only having a weekday luncheon eliminates a lot of people. Have 2 events in Tampa, one during the week and one on Saturday and most people would be able to attend at least one. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rex Havoc said:

Sorry if my comment hit you wrong, but IMO only having a weekday luncheon eliminates a lot of people. Have 2 events in Tampa, one during the week and one on Saturday and most people would be able to attend at least one. 

I think there are events for alumni and fans on weekends or weeknights.  Maybe Im wrong