• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like Jose is still adding players . . .

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

On 6/16/2021 at 2:38 PM, Dave_Glaser said:

He must see something in her that goes beyond the numbers, because her stat line shows she can't throw it in the ocean. She shoots in the 20s from the floor and from 3. In Jose we trust. She does add to the team GPA. 4.0 student.

Gotta look at the right numbers:

The addition of Wilson will add one of the nation's elite distributors of the ball to the Bulls' roster, and an already impressive backcourt. During the 2020-21 campaign, the 5-foot-10-point guard was second in the American Athletic Conference, and ninth in the nation, in assists per game, averaging 6.1 dimes per game. Wilson only trailed, now teammate, Eliza Pinzan in assists per game. Pinzan was tops in The American and seventh in the nation. She also averaged 4.4 points per contest and 0.9 steals per outing for the Tigers.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,087
  • Days Won:  56

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

Gotta look at the right numbers:

The addition of Wilson will add one of the nation's elite distributors of the ball to the Bulls' roster, and an already impressive backcourt. During the 2020-21 campaign, the 5-foot-10-point guard was second in the American Athletic Conference, and ninth in the nation, in assists per game, averaging 6.1 dimes per game. Wilson only trailed, now teammate, Eliza Pinzan in assists per game. Pinzan was tops in The American and seventh in the nation. She also averaged 4.4 points per contest and 0.9 steals per outing for the Tigers.

I did see that, but her assist to turnover wasn’t anything to brag about last season, either: 115/71. Compare that to Pinzan: 149/49. The transfer looks like a little depth insurance, not someone who’s going to play many minutes.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
Additional stats

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

23 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I did see that, but her assist to turnover wasn’t anything to brag about last season, either: 115/71. Compare that to Pinzan: 149/49. The transfer looks like a little depth insurance, not someone who’s going to play many minutes.

Agreed, but Eliza was head and shoulders above everyone else in the AAC as far as the Assist/Turnover Ratio goes. Wilson was 3rd. One thing that sometimes separate good teams from great teams is depth. Don't follow team close enough to know how Wilson compares to Pinzan's current backup but Elisa averaged almost 35 minutes a game last year and if Wilson can help cut that down with some quality minutes, few as they may be, it's gotta help.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

Just hope we have enough scorers. Hard to get an assist of the person that passes the ball can't put it in the basket. I'm only saying this because there has been so much turnover on the roster I can't remember the shooters.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Just hope we have enough scorers. Hard to get an assist of the person that passes the ball can't put it in the basket. I'm only saying this because there has been so much turnover on the roster I can't remember the shooters.

Well we didn't really have any consistent shooters last year that I can recall, so I will make a wild assumption without knowing that our Shooters will be better this year.  

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Even if she isn't a great player, she'll be easy on the eyes from a fan perspective.

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Well we didn't really have any consistent shooters last year that I can recall, so I will make a wild assumption without knowing that our Shooters will be better this year.  

Alvarez will shoot it better and more consistently this year, she was coming off an ACL tear. Tsenieke and Harvey can shoot it, and Pinzan has her moments, too. We’ll be fine. We will be the consensus favorite to win the league. 

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Not a whole lot of turnover when you look at the key players. Every one is back - Pinzan, Harvey, Tsenieke, Mununga, Leverett, Alvarez. That’s the bulk of the minutes from last year ALL back. You must be thinking about the men.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Not a whole lot of turnover when you look at the key players. Every one is back - Pinzan, Harvey, Tsenieke, Mununga, Leverett, Alvarez. That’s the bulk of the minutes from last year ALL back. You must be thinking about the men.

No, I just was drawing a blank as to names. Happens at my age some times. Those you mentioned can shoot it, maybe streaky. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
17 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Alvarez will shoot it better and more consistently this year, she was coming off an ACL tear. Tsenieke and Harvey can shoot it, and Pinzan has her moments, too. We’ll be fine. We will be the consensus favorite to win the league. 

I'm sorry.   I thought we were talking Men's basketball not Women's basketball.

Yes, the Women's team definitely has shooters.