• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFP Expanding to 12 Teams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

If Brett is breaking the story it has to be bad for us in some way, I’m just not sure what it is yet 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, NovaBull said:

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

We can honestly start telling that to recruits. We will no longer be locked out of the CFP now.

• Upvote 1

The key for the G5 representative will be getting ranked in the 7 to 10 range. If that happens, it creates favorable matchups in the first round. If the G5 winner is now consistently ranked #11 or #12 it will create a murderous path, having to potentially beat the #5, #4, #1, and #2 or 3 teams in the nation in order to win the CFP! 

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

The key for the G5 representative will be getting ranked in the 7 to 10 range. If that happens, it creates favorable matchups in the first round. If the G5 winner is now consistently ranked #11 or #12 it will create a murderous path, having to potentially beat the #5, #4, #1, and #2 or 3 teams in the nation in order to win the CFP! 

I dream of a day when I have to worry about unfavorable seeding in the college football playoffs, as of this moment every single team we play seems to be an unfavorable matchup 

• Upvote 2

Just now, puc86 said:

I dream of a day when I have to worry about unfavorable seeding in the college football playoffs, as of this moment every single team we play seems to be an unfavorable matchup 

We are only 5 years removed from ending the season in the Top 20. I know it feels like eons ago now, but things turn quickly. Find a QB, that is all that it really takes. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

We can honestly start telling that to recruits. We will no longer be locked out of the CFP now.

Of course so is every other G5 school...😂

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I get that but getting in is the first step. The world just got a little better today. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

16 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Yeah if my Math is right, this won't go into effect until after 3 more football seasons.  Why the wait?  I ain't getting any younger.

It will take a few years to get better for this to even be a possibility so overall a moot point from our vantage point.  I agree with Puc, too ever have to worry about a poor seeding in the playoffs is surreal and I would welcome that problem with open arms.  Our current problems are can we beat anyone in our non P5 conference this year.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

We are only 5 years removed from ending the season in the Top 20. I know it feels like eons ago now, but things turn quickly. Find a QB, that is all that it really takes. 

That’s it? I wonder why CWT only thought about doing that once and CCS and CJS have never thought of it. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

20 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That’s it? I wonder why CWT only thought about doing that once and CCS and CJS have never thought of it. 

CCS, CJS and CJL never thought of it ..... but at least CCS thought of finishing in the Top 21.