• Join Today

Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

• Members do not see this ad. Join today.

• Game 1

Sat, 6/12, 9 pm (ESPNU) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 R H E
    South Florida                          
    Texas                          

In-game Chat  Game Thread  Live Stats  Bulls Unlimited (radio)

Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FSU is the #19 public university on US News right now. If thats the case the hardest part about cracking the top 25 will be the hesitancy to have a young school rise up the rankings too quickly

I’ll take an AAU classification over anything athletic based but I still won’t mind a trip to Omaha 😀. 

5 hours ago, jg233 said:

Playing in a super regional in baseball gets you more name recognition than being in the US News top 25..  Someone should tell that board that.

I'm thinking the board's goals are a lot less superficial than "name recognition". If that's all they're after, they need to take a serious look at beefing up our Twitter presence ...

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm thinking the board's goals are a lot less superficial than "name recognition". If that's all they're after, they need to take a serious look at beefing up our Twitter presence ...

Idk, I’d kill for someone to not confuse USF with our brethren to the east in the swampland of central Florida.

On the bright-side, most of the clients I deal with out of the Northeast, Midwest or West Coast don’t differentiate between USF and UF/FSU/UM, so we got that going for us…which is nice.

7 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

Idk, I’d kill for someone to not confuse USF with our brethren to the east in the swampland of central Florida.

It's usually a double edged sword when I get that confusion when I'm in other parts of the country. Goes some thing like "Aren't you those guys that made up that natty??", doubling over with laughter ...... I set them straight and a nice conversation ensues.

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's usually a double edged sword when I get that confusion when I'm in other parts of the country. Goes some thing like "Aren't you those guys that made up that natty??", doubling over with laughter ...... I set them straight and a nice conversation ensues.

Up here they do recognize the U on our helmets. But I do have to say “USF,” when I say “South Florida” they have no idea...they think it’s a retirement center. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Up here they do recognize the U on our helmets. But I do have to say “USF” when I say “South Florida” they have no idea...

BS, the hicks up there are unfamiliar with any school south of Nashua, actually they are unfamiliar with any schools in general. 

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

BS, the hicks up there are unfamiliar with any school south of Nashua, actually they are unfamiliar with any schools in general. 

😂😂...how the **** you know about nashua? 😂😂. You are a man of international intrigue. But seriously, check out the demographics of Amherst, NH. I am surrounded by Ivy Leaguers and BC/BU alumni. 

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

😂😂...how the **** you know about nashua? 😂😂. You are a man of international intrigue. But seriously, check out the demographics of Amherst, NH. I am surrounded by Ivy Leaguers and BC/BU alumni. 

I was stationed at Ft.  Devens for a couple years, used to frequent the Mall there, really close, also used to hit the bars in Fitchburg MA, good ole Fitchburg State.   Used to crash at my buddies GF apt in Leominster.  I know there is no shortage of educated chowder heads up there, just breaking your balls.  

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I was stationed at Ft.  Devens for a couple years, used to frequent the Mall there, really close, also used to hit the bars in Fitchburg MA, good ole Fitchburg State.   Used to crash at my buddies GF apt in Leominster.  I know there is no shortage of educated chowder heads up there, just breaking your balls.  

I never knew that though you probably told me at the GT game. You made it out of Fitchburg alive, well done! 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I never knew that though you probably told me at the GT game. You made it out of Fitchburg alive, well done! 

That was not exactly an Ivy League school from my recollection of some of the women I hooked up with, for them to have even hooked up with me at all was an indication they were not too bright.  I picked up 12 credits at Mount Wachusett CC while I was there. So I guess you could say I was educated out east😀 and am one of the scholars you are referring to.