• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  2

Playing in a super regional in baseball gets you more name recognition than being in the US News top 25..  Someone should tell that board that.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, jg233 said:

Playing in a super regional in baseball gets you more name recognition than being in the US News top 25..  Someone should tell that board that.

I'm thinking the board's goals are a lot less superficial than "name recognition". If that's all they're after, they need to take a serious look at beefing up our Twitter presence ...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm thinking the board's goals are a lot less superficial than "name recognition". If that's all they're after, they need to take a serious look at beefing up our Twitter presence ...

Idk, I’d kill for someone to not confuse USF with our brethren to the east in the swampland of central Florida.

On the bright-side, most of the clients I deal with out of the Northeast, Midwest or West Coast don’t differentiate between USF and UF/FSU/UM, so we got that going for us…which is nice.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

Idk, I’d kill for someone to not confuse USF with our brethren to the east in the swampland of central Florida.

It's usually a double edged sword when I get that confusion when I'm in other parts of the country. Goes some thing like "Aren't you those guys that made up that natty??", doubling over with laughter ...... I set them straight and a nice conversation ensues.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's usually a double edged sword when I get that confusion when I'm in other parts of the country. Goes some thing like "Aren't you those guys that made up that natty??", doubling over with laughter ...... I set them straight and a nice conversation ensues.

Up here they do recognize the U on our helmets. But I do have to say “USF,” when I say “South Florida” they have no idea...they think it’s a retirement center. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Up here they do recognize the U on our helmets. But I do have to say “USF” when I say “South Florida” they have no idea...

BS, the hicks up there are unfamiliar with any school south of Nashua, actually they are unfamiliar with any schools in general. 

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

BS, the hicks up there are unfamiliar with any school south of Nashua, actually they are unfamiliar with any schools in general. 

😂😂...how the **** you know about nashua? 😂😂. You are a man of international intrigue. But seriously, check out the demographics of Amherst, NH. I am surrounded by Ivy Leaguers and BC/BU alumni. 

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

😂😂...how the **** you know about nashua? 😂😂. You are a man of international intrigue. But seriously, check out the demographics of Amherst, NH. I am surrounded by Ivy Leaguers and BC/BU alumni. 

I was stationed at Ft.  Devens for a couple years, used to frequent the Mall there, really close, also used to hit the bars in Fitchburg MA, good ole Fitchburg State.   Used to crash at my buddies GF apt in Leominster.  I know there is no shortage of educated chowder heads up there, just breaking your balls.  

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I was stationed at Ft.  Devens for a couple years, used to frequent the Mall there, really close, also used to hit the bars in Fitchburg MA, good ole Fitchburg State.   Used to crash at my buddies GF apt in Leominster.  I know there is no shortage of educated chowder heads up there, just breaking your balls.  

I never knew that though you probably told me at the GT game. You made it out of Fitchburg alive, well done! 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I never knew that though you probably told me at the GT game. You made it out of Fitchburg alive, well done! 

That was not exactly an Ivy League school from my recollection of some of the women I hooked up with, for them to have even hooked up with me at all was an indication they were not too bright.  I picked up 12 credits at Mount Wachusett CC while I was there. So I guess you could say I was educated out east😀 and am one of the scholars you are referring to.