• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football game vs Gators set for noon kickoff on ABC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

56 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Nailed it. I go into every game expecting a loss but I go.

I like the strategy you gave me a few years ago. Go to enjoy another area of the country and use the football game as a secondary enjoyment.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I imagine what it would have been like to NOT go to a game because I feared a blowout.  Those making the trips to Auburn and Notre Dame can probably agree.

Would never not go to an away game because of a fear of a blowout ....... but there are two places I'll never set foot in because of other fears; The Swamp in Gainesville and The Cesspool in Oviedo.

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Would never not go to an away game because of a fear of a blowout ....... but there are two places I'll never set foot in because of other fears; The Swamp in Gainesville and The Cesspool in Oviedo.

Are you saying the Gator fans and Knat fans are woven from the same cloth?  

Guest Jonesy Bull
22 hours ago, Sk00b said:

It was SOOO hot. I remember soaking my shirt in the sink, walked back to my seat and it was dry in what seemed like 2 minutes.... 

We are Floridians, we can handle a little heat.  Instead of drinking beer after beer, just have to switch off between beer and bottled water.  That Georgia Tech game at RayJay 2 or 3 years ago, was the last really hot game I've been too.  Been to lots of September 1 o clock Bucs games too where it was life threatening heat.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

On 5/29/2021 at 9:47 AM, Friscobull said:

It will all depend on the product on the field, jury is out. 

I always have to shake my head when I read that

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

FSU noon game was a scorcher a few years ago. almost had a heat stroke after the rodney adams touchdown

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

I've been to many of the hot weather games.  September 11, 2010 in the swamp was the hottest.  Yes, it was a noon game on the hottest day of the year, but being in a place like the swamp where it is wall-to-wall people made it worse.  You can't even escape to the tunnel because it was more crowded than a college bar during a 25cent beer special down there.  As somebody already said on this thread...the only thing you could do was try to soak your shirt in the bathroom sink and hope that would cool you off.  I must admit, during the 1st half when we were winning, the heat did not bother me...but once the momentum shifted and we started getting rolled on, it started to really suck.

RJS is a country club compared to the swamp.  Aside from the "club," there are plenty of places to catch some shade or a nice breeze to cool you off for a few minutes.  The heat will not bother me.  Being surrounded by a crowd of blue and orange in my own stadium...that WILL bother me.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

6 hours ago, John Lewis said:

I always have to shake my head when I read that

Not sure why?  A November game’s attendance will depend on how successful we are up to that point, not exactly a profound statement but an accurate one nonetheless. Or do you not like the analogy due to some past dealings with a jury?  Or is it the fickle nature of our student body and their support?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

On 6/1/2021 at 3:24 PM, Friscobull said:

Not sure why?  A November game’s attendance will depend on how successful we are up to that point, not exactly a profound statement but an accurate one nonetheless. Or do you not like the analogy due to some past dealings with a jury?  Or is it the fickle nature of our student body and their support?

Yes, it's an accurate statement. We only have 6 or so opportunities a year to watch our team play in person. I'll take advantage of that regardless of the record.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Hopefully people missed in person football enough with covid that attendance is up win or lose. Would have to think 4-8 with 40k a game attendance is just as attractive to a P5 conference as 8-4 with 45k attendance. Every team can draw a crowd with a winner, doing it with a loser shows you have a brand to contribute to a bigger conference.