• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football game vs Gators set for noon kickoff on ABC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,076
  • Days Won:  2

The noon game in September is bad enough, but a 6pm Friday night game is just laughable and on senior night as well.   They could play that game in Corbett and not fill it up.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

I plan on coming down from my North Georgia home for it. Big name opponent that we must likely never see again coming to USF. Yes I know it’s noon, it will be hot and we probably get blown out but as a fan of the Bulls I will be there.

Im tired of hearing all the same excuses and then say well if we played better teams or were P5. UF plays many of their games at noon vs some BS team and still pack their stadium.

Sorry our fan base needs to step up and stop making excuses.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

18 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Unless one of my rich Gator buddies steps up with a suite deal I can't refuse, I will probably watch from the James Best Memorial Theater here in the cooler Carolina foothills.  

Still, I don't think it can be as horrible as that 2010 Swampfest.  I had a lung infection and was spitting up blood in that disaster which is tied for the hottest ever at Ben Hill Grillin' stadium.

USF Football Announces Three Game Series Versus UF - The Daily Stampede

Think I lost about 5lbs during that game..hot hot beyond hot. 3-4th row corner of the end zone. a not so fond memory. We did play good for a while I was almost hopeful...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

18 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

That game was awful. I think at Half time we were tied and it was so hot it was not even fun. They ran out of water and I was so hot I ordered 2 cokes. Poured one on my head and drank the other. Also think I drank 8 gatorades during the first half and never had to take a piss. That game was brutal, second worse was 2006 @UCF at the Cirtus Bowl.

Since we are talking about hottest games, I remember @ FAU in the soccer stadium (a game we barely won) and the following week here at RayJay v UCF.  My wife almost passed out at both those games and thus began our becoming donors to get access to the club and get out of the heat if need be.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:2a51561e-1c15-44ad-b5b5-af41b0670d86#pageNum=1

Pretty detailed college football preview has us ranked 10/11 in the conference but mentions "Jeff Scott brought in plenty of talent to compete right away and elevate the Bulls in the conference."

Also mentions us as the sleeper team for the conference. Reading the section on USF he seems to think we have the talent to compete and just couldn't put it together last year. Makes sense considering we had new coordinators on both sides of the ball in a covid year. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:2a51561e-1c15-44ad-b5b5-af41b0670d86#pageNum=1

Pretty detailed college football preview has us ranked 10/11 in the conference but mentions "Jeff Scott brought in plenty of talent to compete right away and elevate the Bulls in the conference."

Also mentions us as the sleeper team for the conference. Reading the section on USF he seems to think we have the talent to compete and just couldn't put it together last year. Makes sense considering we had new coordinators on both sides of the ball in a covid year. 

I want some of what he's on.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I want some of what he's on.

We did have a 13 point lead on an 8-3 Memphis team with under 4 minutes to go. Also had the ball at midfield down 7 midway through the 4th against a solid UCF before Joiner fumbled away our momentum. Took talent to put ourselves in those situations. Hard to judge the season when we had games like ECU where 40 guys couldn't practice because of contact tracing that week.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

Blazing Heat Wave GIF

I recommend sunscreen, good sunglasses, hydrate by downing a gallon of water, wear light clothing and pray to the Sun Gods for a USF win, a few cool breezes and a few clouds to block the Sun. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, BDYZR said:

We'll be there, same seats as always. Rain or shine, hot or cold, we'll be there cheering on the GREEN and GOLD!

Sheer poetry ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

My wife almost passed out at both those games and thus began our becoming donors to get access to the club and get out of the heat if need be.

And people don't think we have a marketing plan to build our donor base. You think these afternoon games are a coincidence?

• Haha 1