• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I don't disagree, but I don't know who you sit down.   DH him instead of Rivera?

That was my first inclination. Least amount of moves to make to incorporate him in. Replaces no power with serious power.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

Rivera would be the only logical choice since Eaton, Pena and Cantu have been solid in the field and at the plate

At the same time, Rivera had a pretty good weekend, including getting the scoring going in the 4th against Miami

One thing is for sure, Mohl has been making all of the right moves recently, so I have faith he will make the right choice

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Rivera would be the only logical choice since Eaton, Pena and Cantu have been solid in the field and at the plate

At the same time, Rivera had a pretty good weekend, including getting the scoring going in the 4th against Miami

One thing is for sure, Mohl has been making all of the right moves recently, so I have faith he will make the right choice

Rivera has been fine, but he's hitting a soft 6-29 (.206) since we started the AAC tournament. He's only got 2 extra base hits, both doubles and half his production was the Miami game. And as the DH, his sole contribution is his bat. I roll the dice with Butcher. We don't win the Miami game without Rivera, but that's team sports. You get contributions from unlikely people in order to win. Brutcher taking over for him doesn't negate how huge he was in us getting where we are.

Edited by JTrue