• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

48 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

92nd and 192nd in the AAC?

Is our goal just to be in the top half of the AAC? Because that means we've just got to crack the top 100 in RPI. I think we can reach those heights in the next few years.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I think our goal should be to compete in the conference and for a tournament birth

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Puc: What's an AAC?

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

6 hours ago, JTrue said:

The other side of the statement is that we went 9-7 the past few weeks against teams that are 15-12, 14-14, 7-17, and 6-22 in conference. We play average baseball against average and below average teams and lose to good teams. We're better than last year, but we're still a long ways away from being good, or even above average.

JTrue: Go back and read. I didn't say we were good. I said we've shown signs of life with a very young lineup and maybe that gives us a chance to be good over the next few years. Maybe.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 5/17/2021 at 7:26 PM, Cubanbull said:

They are young and have played better as year as gone on. If they had a good closer they would probably have 5 more wins. Let’s see if he can keep them and improving more next year.

on your question haven’t heard anything

all the great baseball teams in college have young players

we need players that can win from the moment they step on the campus

our failure is put a competitive baseball team on field every year is a failure.....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

On 5/19/2021 at 12:06 PM, smazza said:

all the great baseball teams in college have young players

we need players that can win from the moment they step on the campus

our failure is put a competitive baseball team on field every year is a failure.....

****, I thought you were dead. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Freshman Drew Brutcher, who played in the first two games of the series, was not in the lineup for games three and four. A hand injury was the reason, according to Mohl.

This was before the cancellation of the Tulane series so maybe...I hope he comes back next year, this team is going to be good. 

The USF baseball team opened conference play with a four-game series split against UCF in the first of two regular-season War on I-4 matchups. The Bulls were able to...

Edited by cophbulls

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Brutcher was our best player for a month or so.  Not only that he's a great defensive player.  Losing him has thrown our Defense out of whack.  We have Pena now playing CF, when he's our 2B.  And Ruiz now plays 2B.  Also he's about the only guy that steals bases.  So when he's in our lineup he is a big left handed bat and makes us a lot better.  Losing Keanu hurt us too..  I think he'll be our everyday SS next season..  Need some guys to step up offensively as we have no bench at all.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

7 minutes ago, JoeB said:

Brutcher was our best player for a month or so.  Not only that he's a great defensive player.  Losing him has thrown our Defense out of whack.  We have Pena now playing CF, when he's our 2B.  And Ruiz now plays 2B.  Also he's about the only guy that steals bases.  So when he's in our lineup he is a big left handed bat and makes us a lot better.  Losing Keanu hurt us too..  I think he'll be our everyday SS next season..  Need some guys to step up offensively as we have no bench at all.

What about Gonzalez?    

Overall Mohl has done an excellent job with this team this year

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Put it this way, Nick would be a valuable guy to have off our bench.  Hes great defensively but I don't know if he'll ever bat above .250 and he has had plenty of opportunities..  Good solid player and there is nothing wrong with that..  Keanu only played sparingly, but he looks like a true impact player and has more pop than Nick.  I was in attendance earlier in the year when Keanu tied a game with a home run in the 9th.