• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Media cheerleading . . .

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Brad said:
coons·age
/ˈko͞on/āj/,

noun
  1. a period of time in which a racoon, aka "coon" might live if not prematurely terminated on a highway or the wrong end of a shotgun, typically 27 months.
    "Lordy son, it's been a coons age since I saw your moniker on here..."

Not sure why but it makes me think back to the WVU games in the BE....  :WVUonFire:

The hat .......

West Virginia Mountaineer mascot reprimanded after he kills bear with  school-issued musket - CBS News

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Eureka!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Yeah you could be right on that...Maybe it was the "it it" reference followed by the soccer reference or is it lacrosse ? Too much for me to process. But, now that you have explained it in layman's terms I understand where you were going with that one. I didn't mean to make light of your keyboard stutter...

But, I still feel strongly about Winning..................

Actually, I appreciate you pointing out and giving me a chance to clarify an inadvertent esoteric reference (as well as a typo of it instead of is).  I am not a soccer fan at all but understand the concept that winners move up and those who have bad seasons move down. You are right in that winning is the main thing which would assist all of the other factors necessary to achieve the goal. 

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

15 hours ago, Mission9 said:

Actually, I appreciate you pointing out and giving me a chance to clarify an inadvertent esoteric reference (as well as a typo of it instead of is).  I am not a soccer fan at all but understand the concept that winners move up and those who have bad seasons move down. You are right in that winning is the main thing which would assist all of the other factors necessary to achieve the goal. 

👍

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,945
  • Days Won:  12

I perversely want them to just go away into a bigger conference. They can be Texas's problem - good luck pulling this superiority complex crap on them, and Oklahoma etc. See how that works out for you. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/18/2021 at 9:40 PM, JTrue said:

So when does academics come into the picture for an academic institution? Because Harvard is only 158 spots above UCF academically and the gap in athletics is far greater in UCF's favor. Should Harvard be worried?

Your question is clearly too stupid to warrant an answer, but I must ask you if you consider us (or anyone in the aac including ucf) to be even remotely on the same plane academically as Harvard? The only reason why there’s such a gap in the ‘rankings’ between the us and ucf (and most schools in aac) is because of ties in the rankings.  The variance is very small and not noteworthy to anyone other than those desperate for a current leg up on them in anything.  It’s minuscule and to suggest otherwise reeks of small time mindset.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

Your question is clearly too stupid to warrant an answer, but I must ask you if you consider us (or anyone in the aac including ucf) to be even remotely on the same plane academically as Harvard? The only reason why there’s such a gap in the ‘rankings’ between the us and ucf (and most schools in aac) is because of ties in the rankings.  The variance is very small and not noteworthy to anyone other than those desperate for a current leg up on them in anything.  It’s minuscule and to suggest otherwise reeks of small time mindset.  

Tulane is closer to Harvard than UCF is to us. So, when does the gap matter? Right up until you're comparing USF and UCF?

57 spots is minuscule. Harvard #2, Tulane #41.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 5/19/2021 at 3:01 PM, Triple B said:

The hat .......

West Virginia Mountaineer mascot reprimanded after he kills bear with  school-issued musket - CBS News

Oh the hat.....That is a Trash Panda repurposed. Normal Sunday Go To Meeting topper in WV

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480

On 5/20/2021 at 1:36 PM, JTrue said:

Tulane is closer to Harvard than UCF is to us. So, when does the gap matter? Right up until you're comparing USF and UCF?

57 spots is minuscule. Harvard #2, Tulane #41.

41 is pretty darn good.   But yes, once you get around the triple digits (middle of the pack) there isn’t as much variance as there is at the top..just like in almost every ranking in existence.  It kinda defines itself as average for a reason.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  82

Ucif  best remember karma...Once we get this team turned around ......

Edited by Tim Williams
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2