• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Media cheerleading . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

their apr doesn’t seem that crazy. Seems to be on par with us, 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

There are people who come to USF to get a quality education and/or pursue an advanced degree program. There are people who come to USF to get a quality/free education by way of sports. There are people who come to USF to pursue their dream of playing sports at the next level(honing their skills). A percentage of those may or may not care if they receive a degree at the end of their time(their choice). If, USF is going to have a D-1 athletic program then be competitive and not an embarrassment. Otherwise, drop down to a lower level and go play to have fun like, Harvard. It's tough to be excited about half-ass. We have proven this university can be competitive and garner national conversation but, its been quite a while since anything positive has been said about USF. I'm hopeful (yes puc hopeful) that will change. 

• Upvote 4

On 5/17/2021 at 10:22 AM, Mission9 said:

Good one.  I also have to wonder why so many on here still think it it all about winning as if we are vying to get into the English Premier League.

Interesting.."winning"?  USF has athletics and are fielding teams in many D-1 sports I would think their goal is to win. Intramural is for fun and exercise. If they are asking for money/donations to fund these efforts I would think they plan on fielding a winner. We all played team sports of some type, did you play to lose? I can't remember a coach telling us, Hey lets just go out there and have fun and make some friends...Should you know how to lose? Yep--Should you accept losing?--Nope 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

30 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

There are people who come to USF to get a quality education and/or pursue an advanced degree program. There are people who come to USF to get a quality/free education by way of sports. There are people who come to USF to pursue their dream of playing sports at the next level(honing their skills). A percentage of those may or may not care if they receive a degree at the end of their time(their choice). If, USF is going to have a D-1 athletic program then be competitive and not an embarrassment. Otherwise, drop down to a lower level and go play to have fun like, Harvard. It's tough to be excited about half-ass. We have proven this university can be competitive and garner national conversation but, its been quite a while since anything positive has been said about USF. I'm hopeful (yes puc hopeful) that will change. 

Dang boy, drop the mic

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703

31 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I received my bachelors and masters degree from USF and I still want them to be the very best athletic department they can possibly be (football especially).  Its time for USF to make that decision. Do they want to be a top-tier athletic university or not?  You are exactly right, it is hard to get excited about a half-ass program.  It is a combination of USF doing everything half-ass and the BS of the college football playoffs that have made me like college football less and less each season.  I am getting more and more into the NFL every season because of those two factors. At least in the NFL, all 32 teams have a shot at the Super Bowl.

27 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Dang boy, drop the mic

JChem!!!  Lordy son, it's been a coons age since I saw your moniker on here...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

coons·age
/ˈko͞on/āj/,

noun
  1. a period of time in which a racoon, aka "coon" might live if not prematurely terminated on a highway or the wrong end of a shotgun, typically 27 months.
    "Lordy son, it's been a coons age since I saw your moniker on here..."

Not sure why but it makes me think back to the WVU games in the BE....  :WVUonFire:

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Interesting.."winning"?  USF has athletics and are fielding teams in many D-1 sports I would think their goal is to win. Intramural is for fun and exercise. If they are asking for money/donations to fund these efforts I would think they plan on fielding a winner. We all played team sports of some type, did you play to lose? I can't remember a coach telling us, Hey lets just go out there and have fun and make some friends...Should you know how to lose? Yep--Should you accept losing?--Nope 

I think you misunderstood the context.  My statement was in regard to being promoted to the Pee Five.  There are many factors which have come into play and winning is only a portion of what it takes to get the call up to the bigtime. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:
coons·age
/ˈko͞on/āj/,

noun
  1. a period of time in which a racoon, aka "coon" might live if not prematurely terminated on a highway or the wrong end of a shotgun, typically 27 months.
    "Lordy son, it's been a coons age since I saw your moniker on here..."

Not sure why but it makes me think back to the WVU games in the BE....  :WVUonFire:

Hmmm? Not sure either 🤔 ??  Unless you hit a coon on your way home after the game? Surely, you weren't referring to the West Virginny folks tailgate fare prior to game time... just one of those old Southern sayings that relates to time and a heartfelt greeting. Now I will say...I have never looked it up for a definition before. Tweaked you just a little didn't it?? 

26 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

I think you misunderstood the context.  My statement was in regard to being promoted to the Pee Five.  There are many factors which have come into play and winning is only a portion of what it takes to get the call up to the bigtime. 

Yeah you could be right on that...Maybe it was the "it it" reference followed by the soccer reference or is it lacrosse ? Too much for me to process. But, now that you have explained it in layman's terms I understand where you were going with that one. I didn't mean to make light of your keyboard stutter...

But, I still feel strongly about Winning..................