• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Media cheerleading . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

what i love about sports and the courtroom is that all participants are judged by winning and losing

if usf takes care of business on the field we will be fine

the billboards dont matter

Edited by smazza
mispelled a word

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

19 hours ago, USFRaider said:

Have the renovations not been started at the Selmon Center? It was supposed to start after spring practice 

I haven't heard nor read anything. It would seem ground breaking/construction would be commented on. Maybe its being done surreptitiously so they can surprise us....?  🤫

17 hours ago, Triple B said:

More high profile?? You mean an International Championship banner....

Of course and another Disney parade along with much fanfare...Chelsea Fc Wow GIF

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703

59 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I haven't heard nor read anything. It would seem ground breaking/construction would be commented on. Maybe its being done surreptitiously so they can surprise us....?  🤫

Someone in Tampa needs to take a drive by campus to see if anything has been started.

19 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Someone in Tampa needs to take a drive by campus to see if anything has been started.

Personally, I still think it has to do with the optics. Building in the covid era. Students being all pissy online about the money being used for football. Not sure about the presidents politics/view of football/sports? Say what you might about ucf...but they have some focus on football and they want their program to be good. It seems to have results. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

19 hours ago, Triple B said:

More high profile?? You mean an International Championship banner....

Good one.  I also have to wonder why so many on here still think it it all about winning as if we are vying to get into the English Premier League.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Personally, I still think it has to do with the optics. Building in the covid era. Students being all pissy online about the money being used for football. Not sure about the presidents politics/view of football/sports? Say what you might about ucf...but they have some focus on football and they want their program to be good. It seems to have results. 

You are right, and I hate to say it, but central florida has always held athletics and football in higher regard than USF and it shows.  If the P5 does expand again in a few years (personally I think the AAC may be added for a true P6), then you would have to think central florida is one of the first in line to make the jump.

21 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

You are right, and I hate to say it, but central florida has always held athletics and football in higher regard than USF and it shows.  If the P5 does expand again in a few years (personally I think the AAC may be added for a true P6), then you would have to think central florida is one of the first in line to make the jump.

Possibility. The age old argument is Quality of Education vs Athletics Importance. It's been said many times, ucf on the lower education rung when compared to USF. Yes prob so. Some time ago somebody on here referred to USF as the Ivy League of the FL WCoast. Seems like USF under(you know who) went gang busters and we enjoyed some success then seasons of shame. Then, with the little guy and some quality players we went gang busters again then seasons of shame. Quite the roller coaster ride. Scott is still our unknown quantity?? With all the fanfare when he came in you would think it would carry over to facilities. Personally, I give CJS a bye on last season it was a cluster. USF is a very confusing at times when relating to football and basketball. Hopeful for this season... 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/17/2021 at 12:42 PM, BulledOver said:

Possibility. The age old argument is Quality of Education vs Athletics Importance. It's been said many times, ucf on the lower education rung when compared to USF. Yes prob so. Some time ago somebody on here referred to USF as the Ivy League of the FL WCoast. Seems like USF under(you know who) went gang busters and we enjoyed some success then seasons of shame. Then, with the little guy and some quality players we went gang busters again then seasons of shame. Quite the roller coaster ride. Scott is still our unknown quantity?? With all the fanfare when he came in you would think it would carry over to facilities. Personally, I give CJS a bye on last season it was a cluster. USF is a very confusing at times when relating to football and basketball. Hopeful for this season... 

The athletic schism between the schools is far greater than the academic one.  Their student-athletes are more highly regarded, they are constantly mentioned in those APR rankings.  It’s a winning thing in my estimation, the academic quality of the institution is ancillary to athletics...jws (just win stupid)

Edited by I like GOOOOLD (and green)
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

The athletic schism between the schools is far greater than the academic one.  Their student-athletes are more highly regarded, they are constantly mentioned in those APR rankings.  It’s a winning thing in my estimation, the academic quality of the institution is ancillary to athletics...jws (just win stupid)

So when does academics come into the picture for an academic institution? Because Harvard is only 158 spots above UCF academically and the gap in athletics is far greater in UCF's favor. Should Harvard be worried?

Edited by JTrue
  • Haha 1
  • ???? 1