• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Media cheerleading . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, BulledOver said:

If Malzahn creates more high profile winning seasons at orlando he will prob be part of the catalyst to push them into p5 conf. That way he can take his whole package with him and stay at the same univ. He does have name recognition kinda like us getting CS except, I think old gus will do well. Upcoming season will tell us a lot about the state of affairs of USF football. A bowl game this year a gotta do..any bowl game. orlando does things differently. They commit and go forth. Here we are mid May and still...nada on the IPF. 

Have the renovations not been started at the Selmon Center? It was supposed to start after spring practice 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, BulledOver said:

If Malzahn creates more high profile winning seasons at orlando

More high profile?? You mean an International Championship banner....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

22 hours ago, Dave Glaser said:

For Oviedo CC, with shots at us:

The tinmen have always had local media support while our local media has ranged from antagonistic to disinterested.  A real problem. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I do wonder how many fans we lose in the seats due to the Bucs though.  I had season tickets to the Bucs for 8 years but only attended maybe one USF game a year.  The tailgating make it on all day commitment and no way I could get away with that while the kids were small.  

Mine are 10 and 8 and it’s even worse now than when they were little. I wasn’t at all sad my older one’s football team got an early exit from his tourney last night. I got to eat a real dinner on a Saturday night for the first time in months.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

If their coach has one good season he is most likely gone. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

2 hours ago, Brad said:

The tinmen have always had local media support while our local media has ranged from antagonistic to disinterested.  A real problem. 

If our fans don't demand better coverage, we deserve the apathetic coverage we get. The Times is full of Seminole and Gator grads.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

30 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

If our fans don't demand better coverage, we deserve the apathetic coverage we get. The Times is full of Seminole and Gator grads.

I think the apathetic coverage is more based on the team's performance rather than any fans demands ....... When the team is better, more coverage, from both ends of the spectrum with the columnists doing what they do.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I think the apathetic coverage is more based on the team's performance rather than any fans demands ....... When the team is better, more coverage, from both ends of the spectrum with the columnists doing what they do.

Could be both. If we had a more demanding, vocal fanbase, even with doldrum in play, I think we'd get more favorable coverage.

Edited by Paisa el Toro

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

If their coach has one good season he is most likely gone. 

I'll bet 5.00 on no. Might take 3-4. Having recently spoken to a former player who now works for him, he was MISERABLE at Auburn. Has been reborn at UCF, and has 30M in the bank, and wants to make more than a few people feel bad that he was fired at Auburn. He has been trying to schedule both Auburn and Bama, by using hs contacts, no luck. At a recent Booster B fast, he told the small audience, I have called  Nick twice, and was told 2 times, not now, not soon. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Could be both. If we had a more demanding, vocal fanbase, even with doldrum in play, I think we'd get more favorable coverage.

I don't demand better coverage because there's nothing to cover.