• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Media cheerleading . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

For Oviedo CC, with shots at us:

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,340
  • Days Won:  5

Dave they committed to Athletics, we committed to student athletes 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

vomit puke GIF by Jason Clarke

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Someone with the Twitter needs to point out that Orlando is bigger than Miami, but Tampa is bigger than both according to Nielsen.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

34 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Someone with the Twitter needs to point out that Orlando is bigger than Miami, but Tampa is bigger than both according to Nielsen.

The NFL doesn't have any impact at all on Saturday football except for casual attendance. A person who wants to see a game in person will likely pick the Bucs over USF if they're a casual fan, but they aren't choosing to watch on Sunday over Saturday because of the Bucs. And TV is all that matters. If UCF and USF are equal on the football field, we're not loosing viewers because we have the Bucs in town. I've yet to meet someone who's reason for not watching us was because we've got Tom Brady playing on Sunday.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

This is what the media does in wannabe major sports cities. McEwen and Mizell did it for TB back in the day, with a lot more class and less whining than that douchebag over there. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

If the day ever comes when they make it to the P5 and we don’t, that is the day I quit watching and following college football.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,378
  • Days Won:  3

I thought we were both in a power conference already > P6 🤣

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

The NFL doesn't have any impact at all on Saturday football except for casual attendance. A person who wants to see a game in person will likely pick the Bucs over USF if they're a casual fan, but they aren't choosing to watch on Sunday over Saturday because of the Bucs. And TV is all that matters. If UCF and USF are equal on the football field, we're not loosing viewers because we have the Bucs in town. I've yet to meet someone who's reason for not watching us was because we've got Tom Brady playing on Sunday.

I do wonder how many fans we lose in the seats due to the Bucs though.  I had season tickets to the Bucs for 8 years but only attended maybe one USF game a year.  The tailgating make it on all day commitment and no way I could get away with that while the kids were small.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

If Malzahn creates more high profile winning seasons at orlando he will prob be part of the catalyst to push them into p5 conf. That way he can take his whole package with him and stay at the same univ. He does have name recognition kinda like us getting CS except, I think old gus will do well. Upcoming season will tell us a lot about the state of affairs of USF football. A bowl game this year a gotta do..any bowl game. orlando does things differently. They commit and go forth. Here we are mid May and still...nada on the IPF.