• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa RV spots

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I think the travel board was retired a while back.

Anyway, we're coming to the UF game and are looking for good RV spots is Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater, or surrounding area.  Any good recommendations?

45 ft class A w/ 50 A hook-up.

Edited by gibbsak

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Your getting the same number of replies that I've recvd in the past when inquiring about RV and USF folks. FYI--we have stayed at Bay Bayou RV several times when we have come in for games. Nice place, shaded, clean and about 15-20 mins from RJS. Madeira Beach KOA is a good one(popular) and great for biking the area. Longer drive to stadium. Nice spot if you have a few days. "Years ago" stayed "one night" at the Tampa RV park on Nebraska...should have named it Knife and Gun RV. Supposedly, it has been purchased and redone???  Last season we were going to try Lazy Days off I-4 at 75. They run a good business and it looked like an easy drive to stadium. Covid caused plan change and...we sucked. Have only taken RV into stadium once otherwise drove car to game. We will prob do a couple away games this season depending...The company my wife works for sold to a company out of India(wonderful) she was able to do some work mobile but now it may be tougher to get away??  I have inquired about RV connections in the past on here and alumni assoc but there isn't any interest. We have never run into another RV'er from USF over the years in our game travels. Odd, since it is pretty popular at other colleges. Enjoy the UF game.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

rv-parks-tampa-1024x576.png

Are you searching for the best RV parks in Tampa, Florida? Look no further! Today we're sharing the 7 RV campgrounds that...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

Ft Desoto Park in Tierra Verde - it is about a 50 minute drive to the stadium though

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341

Hillsborough River State Park has great amenities and a lot of shaded spots.  Estimate it's 30 to 40 min drive to the stadium.  I'm more of a day visitor, but drove through the camp sites a couple times and they look very nice.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019

Thanks for all the replies! Looking forward to my first home game since graduating.