• Join Today

Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

• Members do not see this ad. Join today.

• Game 1

Sat, 6/12, 9 pm (ESPNU) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 R H E
    South Florida                          
    Texas                          

In-game Chat  Game Thread  Live Stats  Bulls Unlimited (radio)

Softball’s having a clunker of a weekend

They came into yesterday at UCF needing to win 2-of-3 to clinch the regular-season title. Looks like they’re going to drop all three. They have ZERO offense and no No. 2 pitcher. They rely on Corrick to throw a shutout or they’re in trouble. Kenny needs to get back on the recruiting trail after the Olympic responsibilities are over.

Members do not see this ad, Register

USF was very lucky to win game 1, IMO, due the 3rd base call, that took two runs off the board. Just my opinion though. That's thr breaks I suppose. 

2 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

USF was very lucky to win game 1, IMO, due the 3rd base call, that took two runs off the board. Just my opinion though. That's thr breaks I suppose. 

And UCF had to push two across in the bottom of the 7th in the first game of the DH yesterday to pull that one out. USF certainly could have won the first two.

Softball settles for 2 seed will face last place Memphis in round 1. If they win they face the winner of ucf/ecu. Loss to ecu hurt the most as it forced the bulls to win 3 out of 4. Had they won they would have needed a split to win the conference title

19 hours ago, Dave Glaser said:

They came into yesterday at UCF needing to win 2-of-3 to clinch the regular-season title. Looks like they’re going to drop all three. They have ZERO offense and no No. 2 pitcher. They rely on Corrick to throw a shutout or they’re in trouble. Kenny needs to get back on the recruiting trail after the Olympic responsibilities are over.

we  used to be the best in our conference

2 hours ago, smazza said:

we  used to be the best in our conference

True and this is why I said softballl is not up to what it used to be.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Yes, we have fallen all the way to 2nd place this year .... Fire Eriksen now!  

On a serious side, I am in the mind set that Eriksen will only get us to where we are now, which is good but not really good.  Maybe its time for a change, God forbid me even making that claim.

Yes, Erikson only cares about his USA career imo, not getting USF to the next level.....Otherwise, don't you think it would have happened by now?  Tear off the band aid, and get us a better softball coach that cares about USF not USA.

Edited by Jonesy Bull
Posted (edited)

I will say this, although the program has been consistently good in league play, most seasons are cookie cutter. They get the snot beat out of them in non-conference play by top-ranked teams, then open league play with a big winning streak to get a regional bid and go out quickly at UF or FSU. They never have much offense but have had some All-American type pitchers that have made things go.

Edited by Dave_Glaser