• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DBs better be ready for Jimmy Horn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I love speed, but I feel like I've posted this before about speed on a football field. It isn't as big a factor as other skills for a WR. A 4.3 vs. a 4.5 on football field is about 5 feet in a flat 40 yard dash (my math is good on this, feel free to check me). How many times is he going to burn down the sideline and get a ball thrown to him in perfect stride with a DB behind him in his career? Once? Maybe twice?  Don't get me wrong, I love that he's fast, but catching, route running, separation, etc. is more valuable. Now, if he gets behind the defense and a safety has to catch him on an angle, there's no chance.

I think my perspective was based on being a KO return man where so speed is relevant. But you are correct in terms of WR. I would rather have a good route runner. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Then again a good route runner requires an accurate passer.  Don’t get too far ahead.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Then again a good route runner requires an accurate passer.  Don’t get too far ahead.  

Hopefully McClain will grab the top spot and we will have that spot filled for a few years

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

And that's infinitely more valuable than speed.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

. . .How many times is he going to burn down the sideline and get a ball thrown to him in perfect stride with a DB behind him in his career . . .

The last time I remember this happening at USF was QF to RA vs FSU in 2016, so that is once in 5 years

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

I’ll take it!

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,506
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I couldn’t even lie to say I ran a 4.6 with no way to verify it.  Either I have incredible integrity or I must have really been slow.  

Like I said, I had played soccer since I was 5. I would also take speed and agility training during the season with the team and offseason as well on my own.

Before you ask me why I didn’t try playing soccer in college, I was not as technically gifted as most people on my team. My coach would literally use me to man mark opposing players and to run circle around the defense and tire them out.