• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you consider USF football a sleeping giant?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

For 2021, I think I'm there with you ....

Considering the fact we’ve never won a **** thing in football, I’ll take the hardware just once...that’s all I want just one. Then I’ll join you guys with the big win mentality. 

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I think you are kind of missing my position but it is probably because I am not conveying it quite right. I value the AAC at exactly zero so I honestly put no weight on the games, winning the conference is but a means to an end to playing and hopefully winning another valuable game. If we managed to win the aac and won zero p5 games or didn’t play in a NY6 game I wouldn’t be excited or celebrating and if I had to choose between beating Florida or Texas in a season vs winning the conference I would pick those wins every single time without question. No one discusses their big wins against AAC teams and no one remembers or cares about winning the little league championship. There was probably a sling champion among the sheep herders and it probably wasn’t David but no one gives a **** or writes stories about them however David gets got be king and live on forever because he beat Goliath and that’s actually a competitor people give a **** about.

Highly unlikely during any year if we don’t win a P5 game that we have the goods to win the AAC. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Athletes have a much smaller window than even a coach and their contracts are not as inequitable as coaches, maybe baseball is closest. Guaranteeing large portions of the contract without any expectation of performance or having equally severe penalties for leaving is pure insanity. FSU certainly has felt the impacts of their coaching contracts and I think it’s more impactful than you expect to even money schools. It is entirely weighted to the coaches and even Clarence Thomas commented on the insanity of them as amateur status of the students is defended tooth and nail while the coaching contracts continue to balloon. 

No pity for FSU. They wanted to make a splash hire and then pulled the rug out from under him. They didn’t appreciate how bad off Jimbo left things. Then they hired another turd. But they makin that big conference cheese and have big boosters, so they will be ok.

Coaches have longer shelf lives then athletes, and to some they are more valuable. So of course you want to figure out how to incentivize them to say

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,434
  • Days Won:  422

43 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Considering the fact we’ve never won a **** thing in football, I’ll take the hardware just once...that’s all I want just one. Then I’ll join you guys with the big win mentality. 

If it wasn't Florida I'd probably be more inclined to finally get that hardware, also ...

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

If it wasn't Florida I'd probably be more inclined to finally get that hardware, also ...

Well that is a good point... a win over UF versus an AAC Championship? Both are not happening next year but let me chew on that possibility for a while. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,434
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well that is a good point... a win over UF versus an AAC Championship? Both are not happening next year but let me chew on that possibility for a while. 

And the icing on the cake would be when they win the national championship next year, we can also stake a claim for one, too ... banners, Busch Gardens parade, the works.

35 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And the icing on the cake would be when they win the national championship next year.we can also stake a claim for one, too ... banners, Busch Gardens parade, the works.

Love it 😂😂😂

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,947
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And you know where I stand 

Yes I do. I actually typed it out and then erased it, out of goodwill.  😂

• Haha 1