• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Leavitt "investigation" took three weeks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,837
  • Days Won:  67

13 hours ago, chapelbull said:

You are too kind

Sorry misread your post, agreed, he could not create, had no inside presence and no perimeter game but besides that he was awesome.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I call balls and strikes, if there was truly a fire you would think we would have heard something by now?  If not then our athletic department is even more incompetent than I thought which is always a possibility.

Makes you wonder if the accusation made by the one player was from that players perception of something that may have or may not have taken place?? Normally, the media, NCAA and social media would be all over this to the extreme, until an action takes place..normally it entails somebody being fired or many folks being fired.. It will be interesting to see what transpires if.....? Anything

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

This is where I wanted this to go as opposed to the Leavitt worship...

Being this quiet this long may be an attempt to just let it go, which would definitely imply something was not on the up and up.  And the University would be far too forgiving to defend its coaches.  I don't know but this is beginning to smell, worse.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Brad said:

This is where I wanted this to go as opposed to the Leavitt worship...

Being this quiet this long may be an attempt to just let it go, which would definitely imply something was not on the up and up.  And the University would be far too forgiving to defend its coaches.  I don't know but this is beginning to smell, worse.

The only statement that I heard in terms of what was offensive to a player is that coach  told him to “run like he was being chased by the police.” A coach also made a remark about a players hair but specifics are unknown. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The only statement that I heard in terms of what was offensive to a player is that coach  told him to “run like he was being chased by the police.” A coach also made a remark about a players hair but specifics are unknown. 

Haha....hell, I was a hell raising white kid and we ran like we were being chased by the police and...sometimes we were being chased by the police. ( guess coach should have said-bear)Then I was a cop..😏 Go figure. I know, lacks sensitivity. But what I lack in sensitivity I make up for in perspective so it balances out. Coaching? I will say this, Brad and others can probably say the same thing/same experience. Having done some coaching at the high school level, you build relationships with your players. When your not working, you kid with them and they kid with you. You can get upset with them and them with you but it stays on the field..if not you fix it. They accept your coaching decisions and you treat them fairly. You know most of their families and they trust you. In todays ultrasensitive, easily offended society, I couldn't imagine what it would be like to coach. Or, be a cop for that matter. Theres lots of hate and piss poor perspective/attitude being exhibited by youth. Lot's of attitude. Lot's of hate. Those 2 jobs are always subject to the possibility of an accusation for one thing or the other. Normally someone isn't happy with you or a circumstance. One accusation(proven or not) can end a career. Ruin a reputation, a life. As for the USF situation? Since there are players still transferring in, I'd say CBG survives, others??? Maybe not... 

My 2cents.........Happy Sunday to ya

• Upvote 2