• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

NCAA officially passes legislation to allow NCAA athletes to transfer without sitting out a year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

13 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Every student athlete is on a one year scholarship that is renewed solely at the discretion of the head coach. I am surprised you did not know this. 

The point is then not sure why everyone thinks these guys are jumping off a sinking ship, many are probably getting pushed.  Did CJS and CBG lose the locker room or did they simply clean house.  

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

44 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The point is then not sure why everyone thinks these guys are jumping off a sinking ship, many are probably getting pushed.  Did CJS and CBG lose the locker room or did they simply clean house.  

I think that you then get to the "trust" part of the sales pitch in recruiting. Can you imagine that IF CBG "fired" those that left? He would never get another recruit to commit.

9 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I think that you then get to the "trust" part of the sales pitch in recruiting. Can you imagine that IF CBG "fired" those that left? He would never get another recruit to commit.

True therefore do we really have a 1 year reoccurring scholarship on merit then, we have it in theory but not in practice. 

The whole point is if the kid does not now have to commit to the school for more than the school year than we need to follow there lead and cut bait when we are not satisfied with their performance.  I understand the trust in the old system but now that trust is gone.  

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

I stand by my views that these new transfer rules will bring more parity to CFB. We are going to get a better distribution of talent at all levels. The P5 transfers that dont find another P5 team will go to a G6 team. Other D1 players that cant find a home will go 2 the FCS and help raise their level of play. Also, many more good FCS players will get more opportunities to play for a G6 or P5 team after balling out for their team.  These new rules will make CFB better. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,481
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I stand by my views that these new transfer rules will bring more parity to CFB. We are going to get a better distribution of talent at all levels. The P5 transfers that dont find another P5 team will go to a G6 team. Other D1 players that cant find a home will go 2 the FCS and help raise their level of play. Also, many more good FCS players will get more opportunities to play for a G6 or P5 team after balling out for their team.  These new rules will make CFB better. 

Or they just transfer from one P5 to another inside of their respective conferences, and the G5 slowly slides back into the FCS.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Days Won:  19

What I want to know is when are they going all-in on intra-season transfers so at the end of the year Saban can have all of the All-Americans in his stable heading into the "playoffs."

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

Or they just transfer from one P5 to another inside of their respective conferences, and the G5 slowly slides back into the FCS.

See for yourself. Half the P5 transfers go the G6/FCS route. And a good chunk of G6/FCS players going to P5 schools. Its pretty mixed up which shall lead to parity.

transfer-portal.jpg

2021 Players in the NCAA College Football Transfer Portal

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

There's no way this leads to parity 

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,481
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

See for yourself. Half the P5 transfers go the G6/FCS route. And a good chunk of G6/FCS players going to P5 schools. Its pretty mixed up which shall lead to parity.

transfer-portal.jpg

2021 Players in the NCAA College Football Transfer Portal

I really hope so. It just seems unlikely