• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Best Case/Worst Case/Likely Case for USF Football 2021

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  6

I am thinking this team wins 4 or 5 games this season. There still are too many of Charlie Strong’s FCS caliber recruits that dot the roster to expect anything more than 4 or 5 wins and both the OL and DL look very weak. I am hoping we start making a strong push in 2022.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Defensive line is the biggest question mark for me...can the defensive line become average?...they have been horrible for several years now with no development seen with past coach.

If the defensive line can just be average I think this team can push for 5 to 7 wins this season..as pressure from the line will make whole defense improved.

If they are nearly nonexistent again then 2 or 4 wins could happen.

The average age on our defensive line is 30 years old and been playing college ball 3-6 years (Thad Magnum) lol Im going to only hope they are "physically" more mature, went hard on their offseason conditioning and can salvage a decent season after a quarter decade of playing like trash. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The average age on our defensive line is 30 years old and been playing college ball 3-6 years (Thad Magnum) lol Im going to only hope they are "physically" more mature, went hard on their offseason conditioning and can salvage a decent season after a quarter decade of playing like trash. 

Yea specifically at DT we have some experience and they should with hard work be strong in the middle I hope.  Wish we got a few DE P5 transfers I would feel pretty confident we would be improved as a team.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

If we get six wins I will be excited and I think it would speak to realized improvement, if we get 5 I will be satisfied enough, if we get 4 I will be disappointed, if we get three I will be about where I am and if we get 2 or less we need to cut the charade and make it clear to CJS that the time to improve is passing and is he sure this is the staff and plan he would like to go his final mile with. 

I am going with IF QB, I will be happy. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, puc86 said:

If we get six wins I will be excited and I think it would speak to realized improvement, if we get 5 I will be satisfied enough, if we get 4 I will be disappointed, if we get three I will be about where I am and if we get 2 or less we need to cut the charade and make it clear to CJS that the time to improve is passing and is he sure this is the staff and plan he would like to go his final mile with. 

I'm waiting with baited breath, on which PUC we will get after this year is said and done!!  That is anticipation enough for me

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

I'm waiting with baited breath, on which PUC we will get after this year is said and done!!  That is anticipation enough for me

I’m hoping for happy and hopeful

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m hoping for happy and hopeful

A happy and hopeful Puc.....is all we can ask for!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, chapelbull said:

We're probably not winning more than 5 or 6 games,  but I don't see us winning less than 3.

But the can't miss predication is that puc and brybul will still be ******** about something...... Frisco will be egging them on and busting Trips balls, NEB will be counting fans in the stands, and Trip will be trying to keep his sanity while holding it all together

I think 4-8 is my expectation for this year. Their worst case scenario is possible if we haven't found a capable quarterback and agree with the 7-5 ceiling, but again contingent on what kind of quarterback we have. 

My second expectation, barring significant injuries, is that the team has forged an identify by the back half of the season and playing better than they were in the front half. That's it.

Other than that, I am going to take a page out of the playbook of most people on this board - keep my expectations low so I can be happy, while, of course, sprinkling in the occasional critique.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

I think 4-8 is my expectation for this year. Their worst case scenario is possible if we haven't found a capable quarterback and agree with the 7-5 ceiling, but again contingent on what kind of quarterback we have. 

My second expectation, barring significant injuries, is that the team has forged an identify by the back half of the season and playing better than they were in the front half. That's it.

Other than that, I am going to take a page out of the playbook of most people on this board - keep my expectations low so I can be happy, while, of course, sprinkling in the occasional critique.

Anyone who saw us last season has to think that 4 wins is a lofty goal. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

I just hope most Bull fans will have gotten vaccinated so my wife and I can once again go to games that have a normal feel to them , hopefully without masks. I will be happy with a 500 season with a championship run next year and forever more.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1