• Join Today

Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

• Members do not see this ad. Join today.

Opening up a general MLB Season talk (non-Rays specific).  I realize that everybody has their own favorite teams and not are all Rays fans, so feel free to comment on your favorite team here as the season progresses.

I'll start off with the AL East cause I'm a Rays fan and don't follow the rest of the divisions very closely.  My predictions for the year are as follows:

1.  Yankees = Just too good and too much power all over the place, along with strong Pitching.  Who is able to stand up to them through a full year.

2.  Blue Jays = I think this is a toss up between the Jays and the Rays.  The Jays might have a better hitting lineup and the Rays have taken a bit of a hit on Pitching.

3.  Rays = Again, could take 2nd place.  Losing Morton, Snell and Anderson (at least most of the year) are all big hits to the Pitching staff.  However, the lineup is back in place, and the Rays always seem to find a way to make the Pitching staff a lot better than you expect.  This team will still be in play for a possible Wild Card.

4.  Red Sox = It seems like this team flip flops each year from being really good to being really bad.  With that logic this team should be good.  But last year they had so many holes, I don't know that they have addressed them all.  So, this team could finish anywhere from 2nd to last.  NEB - You know this team better than the rest of us?

5.  Orioles - Who Cares!

Members do not see this ad, Register
2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Go Marlins

Not today bud.  Rays win 1-0.  Pitcher's Dual.

On 4/1/2021 at 6:57 PM, Jonesy Bull said:

Not today bud.  Rays win 1-0.  Pitcher's Dual.

hard fought series. blowing game 2 was a tough pill to swallow.

On 4/5/2021 at 3:24 PM, flsportsfan83 said:

hard fought series. blowing game 2 was a tough pill to swallow.

The Rays all of a sudden have been sucking and so have the Lightning.  The TB teams are finally coming back down to Earth.  Hopefully it is just a bump in the road, otherwise it has been fun while it lasted.  Until football season starts.  😀

Red Sox in 1st! Don’t think it will last too long but glad they did not fold after that opening series.