• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF AD Chats Bulls vs Gators FB Tix, WBB Success, & MBB Off-Court Issues

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for sharing Brad - listening to it now.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

Glad to hear Kelly pop up on the radar and do a radio interview and hit a wide range of topics. A few highlights:

Kelly's response to racism in the MBB program:

"Well, there's not much detail I can share there other than that we...in post-season meetings we did learn of some things from some folks, and like any time you hear things you aren't happy with, you look into it and get to the bottom of it...and make the adjustments necessary, so not much I can talk about now. But that is being addressed and will be handled accordingly, AND HAS BEEN, and we'll get ready for next year and be ready to roll."

Kelly's response on if changes will inevitably be made:

"That's the stuff we will have to talk about when the investigation comes to its closure, guys. But obviously it was a tough season on the the court, particularly after a long, long Covid break, and we will be prepared in terms of recruiting and getting ready for next year."

Kelly's response on where Jeff Scott's head is at:

"I think his head is in the right place...he knew there were a lot of improvements that needed to be made...I think its all heading in the right direction...recruiting has obviously ticked up in the last year or so in terms of the rankings...adjusting, as well all are, to the transfer portal...I am confident we are heading in the right direction."

Kelly's response on ticket sales:

"We are at over 93% on season ticket renewals...when you can get season tickets for as low as $125, we really hope, not only Bulls fans, but Tampa Bay sports fans will come out and enjoy the opportunity to watch the Bulls at USF, errr...Raymond James Stadium."

Edited by bjef4844

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,594
  • Days Won:  6

17 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

Kelly's response on ticket sales:

"We are at over 93% on season ticket renewals...when you can get season tickets for as low as $125, we really hope, not only Bulls fans, but Tampa Bay sports fans will come out and enjoy the opportunity to watch the Bulls at USF, errr...Raymond James Stadium."

Gator fans will snap up any season tickets costing less than $250 just like FSU fans did the first time they were here.  Our season sale numbers will be inflated this year.  I'm not complaining taking gator money but those seats will sit empty the rest of the year as there's no secondary market for the cheap seats.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,215
  • Days Won:  422

43 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I'm not complaining taking gator money but those seats will sit empty the rest of the year as there's no secondary market for the cheap seats.

Totally agree, but it is still nice getting the money .... and who knows, miracle happens and we beat them, that secondary market may get a boost, which wouldn't do much for USF financially but would get more of our "fans" in stands.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Gator fans will snap up any season tickets costing less than $250 just like FSU fans did the first time they were here.  Our season sale numbers will be inflated this year.  I'm not complaining taking gator money but those seats will sit empty the rest of the year as there's no secondary market for the cheap seats.

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

Totally agree, but it is still nice getting the money .... and who knows, miracle happens and we beat them, that secondary market may get a boost, which wouldn't do much for USF financially but would get more of our "fans" in stands.

Seems like a great time for those that don't have season tickets to get in on some cheap seats.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

On 3/27/2021 at 9:15 AM, 79 Bull said:

THere are two kinds of gator fans those that went and have ties to the school and support their alma mater and family school and then there are locals with zero ties to the program who root for the gators.  If we can get some of the locals to get in the USF game and have fun maybe we can get them to come support USF in some degree and win  slowly them over time.

• Upvote 1