Jump to content
  • Join Today

    Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

Recommended Posts

Tough way to start this Series.  The Isles as expected are a formidable opponent.  If the Bolts are going to win this thing, they will have to play that Defensive grind out, get down and dirty type of game.  I expect a much better Game 2, if not we be in trouble.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Tough way to start this Series.  The Isles as expected are a formidable opponent.  If the Bolts are going to win this thing, they will have to play that Defensive grind out, get down and dirty type of game.  I expect a much better Game 2, if not we be in trouble.

The islanders forwards were flying at every lose puck and the bolts weren't . It seemed the islanders wanted it more and the lightning just expected to get in the game by skill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’ve seen this before from the lightning where in game 1 they come out flat and slow and lose the 1st game(scf against Dallas) but turn it around and win 4 of the next 5 which is what I believe will happen. Also I felt game 1 was treated as a feel out game by the lightning while islanders were looking at it as a knockdown game. Hopefully the lightning learned from that and come out with fire in game 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

We’ve seen this before from the lightning where in game 1 they come out flat and slow and lose the 1st game(scf against Dallas) but turn it around and win 4 of the next 5 which is what I believe will happen. Also I felt game 1 was treated as a feel out game by the lightning while islanders were looking at it as a knockdown game. Hopefully the lightning learned from that and come out with fire in game 2

I tend to agree with most of what you are saying, and the Lightning have proven that over and over again.  I think we come out more disciplined and on Point (pun intended) tonight.  I also think Stamkos will have a good game to make up for that bad turnover he made on Sunday.

I'm not going to say its a must win game, but it is critical that we tie this Series up tonight.  It would be really hard against this team to come back from 0-2 at home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice comeback win last night for the Bolts.  I think that is 10 or 11 times in a row the last 2 years that they have won  after a playoff loss.  

Need to keep up the momentum in crazy Long Island.  The place will be rockin up there.  Team has to take them out of the game, and this team has the Leaders and experience to do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Nice comeback win last night for the Bolts.  I think that is 10 or 11 times in a row the last 2 years that they have won  after a playoff loss.  

Need to keep up the momentum in crazy Long Island.  The place will be rockin up there.  Team has to take them out of the game, and this team has the Leaders and experience to do that.

Lightning haven't lost back to back playoff games since 2019 but they lightning needed that win last night. They could not afford to go to New York down 2-0. Ideally we would have loved to go to NY up 2-0 but 1-1 is the middle ground. Now we need to get a split in NY or win both (preferably win both but a split would be ok). Islanders are moan and groaning about the too many men goal but the same could be pointed out on the first islander goal where point was pushed into the islander goalie but point was given the penalty for interference. Nassau will definitely be rocking but the lightning are ready for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Bolts are taking the show to the circus I mean coliseum in Long Island today. It will be a zoo there because their fans go wild. The bolts need to strike early and often. No mercy on the ice. I am calling 5-3 Lightning. We always play better on the road. I expect goals, hits, and some fistcuffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

Lightning haven't lost back to back playoff games since 2019 but they lightning needed that win last night. They could not afford to go to New York down 2-0. Ideally we would have loved to go to NY up 2-0 but 1-1 is the middle ground. Now we need to get a split in NY or win both (preferably win both but a split would be ok). Islanders are moan and groaning about the too many men goal but the same could be pointed out on the first islander goal where point was pushed into the islander goalie but point was given the penalty for interference. Nassau will definitely be rocking but the lightning are ready for it.

They can moan and groan all they want.  Yes, the Refs missed that call.   BUT as you point out, the Refs missed the Point/goalie interference call as well that led directly to an Isles goal.....so its a wash.  Bad call on both sides, 2 goals.  Whatever, that is the human element of the game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

The Bolts are taking the show to the circus I mean coliseum in Long Island today. It will be a zoo there because their fans go wild. The bolts need to strike early and often. No mercy on the ice. I am calling 5-3 Lightning. We always play better on the road. I expect goals, hits, and some fistcuffs.

We do play well on the Road.  Its going to be a tough environment.  But, this team seems to feed off the opposing crowd.  I'm really just looking for a split up there, and then I like our chances in a Best 2 out of 3 with Home Ice.

No doubt there are going to be a lot of hard hits and fisticuffs the rest of the way.  There is no love between these teams.

Edited by Jonesy Bull
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

It appears you are using ad blocking tools.  This site is supported through ads.  Please disable in order to enjoy full access to The Bulls Pen.