• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Guest Jonesy Bull

Tough way to start this Series.  The Isles as expected are a formidable opponent.  If the Bolts are going to win this thing, they will have to play that Defensive grind out, get down and dirty type of game.  I expect a much better Game 2, if not we be in trouble.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

14 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Tough way to start this Series.  The Isles as expected are a formidable opponent.  If the Bolts are going to win this thing, they will have to play that Defensive grind out, get down and dirty type of game.  I expect a much better Game 2, if not we be in trouble.

The islanders forwards were flying at every lose puck and the bolts weren't . It seemed the islanders wanted it more and the lightning just expected to get in the game by skill.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,250
  • Days Won:  1

We’ve seen this before from the lightning where in game 1 they come out flat and slow and lose the 1st game(scf against Dallas) but turn it around and win 4 of the next 5 which is what I believe will happen. Also I felt game 1 was treated as a feel out game by the lightning while islanders were looking at it as a knockdown game. Hopefully the lightning learned from that and come out with fire in game 2

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

We’ve seen this before from the lightning where in game 1 they come out flat and slow and lose the 1st game(scf against Dallas) but turn it around and win 4 of the next 5 which is what I believe will happen. Also I felt game 1 was treated as a feel out game by the lightning while islanders were looking at it as a knockdown game. Hopefully the lightning learned from that and come out with fire in game 2

I tend to agree with most of what you are saying, and the Lightning have proven that over and over again.  I think we come out more disciplined and on Point (pun intended) tonight.  I also think Stamkos will have a good game to make up for that bad turnover he made on Sunday.

I'm not going to say its a must win game, but it is critical that we tie this Series up tonight.  It would be really hard against this team to come back from 0-2 at home.

Guest Jonesy Bull

Nice comeback win last night for the Bolts.  I think that is 10 or 11 times in a row the last 2 years that they have won  after a playoff loss.  

Need to keep up the momentum in crazy Long Island.  The place will be rockin up there.  Team has to take them out of the game, and this team has the Leaders and experience to do that.

3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Nice comeback win last night for the Bolts.  I think that is 10 or 11 times in a row the last 2 years that they have won  after a playoff loss.  

Need to keep up the momentum in crazy Long Island.  The place will be rockin up there.  Team has to take them out of the game, and this team has the Leaders and experience to do that.

Lightning haven't lost back to back playoff games since 2019 but they lightning needed that win last night. They could not afford to go to New York down 2-0. Ideally we would have loved to go to NY up 2-0 but 1-1 is the middle ground. Now we need to get a split in NY or win both (preferably win both but a split would be ok). Islanders are moan and groaning about the too many men goal but the same could be pointed out on the first islander goal where point was pushed into the islander goalie but point was given the penalty for interference. Nassau will definitely be rocking but the lightning are ready for it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

The Bolts are taking the show to the circus I mean coliseum in Long Island today. It will be a zoo there because their fans go wild. The bolts need to strike early and often. No mercy on the ice. I am calling 5-3 Lightning. We always play better on the road. I expect goals, hits, and some fistcuffs.

Guest Jonesy Bull
20 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

Lightning haven't lost back to back playoff games since 2019 but they lightning needed that win last night. They could not afford to go to New York down 2-0. Ideally we would have loved to go to NY up 2-0 but 1-1 is the middle ground. Now we need to get a split in NY or win both (preferably win both but a split would be ok). Islanders are moan and groaning about the too many men goal but the same could be pointed out on the first islander goal where point was pushed into the islander goalie but point was given the penalty for interference. Nassau will definitely be rocking but the lightning are ready for it.

They can moan and groan all they want.  Yes, the Refs missed that call.   BUT as you point out, the Refs missed the Point/goalie interference call as well that led directly to an Isles goal.....so its a wash.  Bad call on both sides, 2 goals.  Whatever, that is the human element of the game.  

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

The Bolts are taking the show to the circus I mean coliseum in Long Island today. It will be a zoo there because their fans go wild. The bolts need to strike early and often. No mercy on the ice. I am calling 5-3 Lightning. We always play better on the road. I expect goals, hits, and some fistcuffs.

We do play well on the Road.  Its going to be a tough environment.  But, this team seems to feed off the opposing crowd.  I'm really just looking for a split up there, and then I like our chances in a Best 2 out of 3 with Home Ice.

No doubt there are going to be a lot of hard hits and fisticuffs the rest of the way.  There is no love between these teams.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

Lightning got the win last night guaranteeing no worse than a split in NY. Hopefully we can win tomorrow night to put the islanders down 3-1 with a close out opportunity in game 5