• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guest Jonesy Bull

This is going to be a fun series.  I think the Bolts actually match up better with the Canes then they do with Florida.  I think Florida is a very very good team.  

I'm expecting bigger things for the Bolts against this team with Stammer and Kuch having a Series under their belt.  Bolts in 5!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

27 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

This is going to be a fun series.  I think the Bolts actually match up better with the Canes then they do with Florida.  I think Florida is a very very good team.  

I'm expecting bigger things for the Bolts against this team with Stammer and Kuch having a Series under their belt.  Bolts in 5!

From your lips to God's ears .....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Round 2 schedule. 

4DECBC69-96F7-4F49-BE75-989017674381.png

Lightning win game 1 2-1. Very similar to the Florida series

Guest Jonesy Bull

Another Game 1 Road win for the Lightning.  And this one, the Bolts did not bring their A-game until late, which is encouraging for the rest of the Series.

Semifinals are now set. Winner of Colorado/Vegas will face the winner of Montreal/Winnipeg while the winner of Boston/Islanders will face the winner of Lighting/Carolina

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

Semifinals are now set. Winner of Colorado/Vegas will face the winner of Montreal/Winnipeg while the winner of Boston/Islanders will face the winner of Lighting/Carolina

Thoughts =

• What a choke job by Toronto again. 
  • Colorado looks scary good
  • Boston/ Islanders looks like a great series
  • Bolts look like a team to beat again.  Series could get interesting as Carolina is a real tough out.

3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Thoughts =

• What a choke job by Toronto again. 
  • Colorado looks scary good
  • Boston/ Islanders looks like a great series
  • Bolts look like a team to beat again.  Series could get interesting as Carolina is a real tough out.

Toronto has been choking since 2004 and haven't won a cup since 1967 so them choking wasn't a major shock to me. Colorado is the biggest threat to the lightning in my opinion and look to be the favorites at this point. I originally thought Colorado in 6 but not i'm thinking Colorado in 5 over Vegas. Boston/Islanders is a coin toss right now. I believe that one will go 7 and I could see either one winning that one.

I had the Lightning in 6 and i'll stick to that. The Lightning played Carolina like they were florida counting on Carolina to get physical and fight with them but Carolina won't get physical like florida did and will look to put the lightning in the box instead. Carolina knows how good the Lightning power play is right now and will look to stay out of the box so they won't be as aggressive as florida was. 

The order of danger for the lightning to repeat in my opinion is: Colorado, Carolina, Islanders, Boston, Vegas, Winnipeg, Montreal.

Guest Jonesy Bull
17 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

Toronto has been choking since 2004 and haven't won a cup since 1967 so them choking wasn't a major shock to me. Colorado is the biggest threat to the lightning in my opinion and look to be the favorites at this point. I originally thought Colorado in 6 but not i'm thinking Colorado in 5 over Vegas. Boston/Islanders is a coin toss right now. I believe that one will go 7 and I could see either one winning that one.

I had the Lightning in 6 and i'll stick to that. The Lightning played Carolina like they were florida counting on Carolina to get physical and fight with them but Carolina won't get physical like florida did and will look to put the lightning in the box instead. Carolina knows how good the Lightning power play is right now and will look to stay out of the box so they won't be as aggressive as florida was. 

The order of danger for the lightning to repeat in my opinion is: Colorado, Carolina, Islanders, Boston, Vegas, Winnipeg, Montreal.

It was a very weird slow down type of game for the Lightning last night with only 15 shots on goal, but hey it worked!  The Bolts seem to know how to play any kind of game and that was how it went down last night.  Puck possession, take advantage of your little opportunities, and great defense/goaltending.  I  do expect a little more high flying hockey now that they are back in Tampa, especially with Carolina backs to the wall.

Being up 2-0, I originally had the Lightning in 5, so I'll stick with that.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,209
  • Days Won:  25

The bolts are just playing d and keeping the canes from the net. They will capitalize on the mistakes from the canes, similar to what Columbus did to  us. I expect more energy and goals on home ice. To come away with a 2 0 lead is huge.  Let's seal this at home. I called bolts in 6 but I'm thinking bolts in 5.