• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential replacements for MBB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

24 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

For Herrion that's a simple yes or no, but the investigation will also delve into what Gregory knew and how he dealt with it, and that may be where Kelly is getting his ducks in a row. 

He is the head coach and if he didn’t fire him on the spot then he has to go, simple as that.  Fire them all and make sure they never coach again in any capacity, this seems reasonable.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

54 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He is the head coach and if he didn’t fire him on the spot then he has to go, simple as that.  Fire them all and make sure they never coach again in any capacity, this seems reasonable.

I'm hoping this is sarcasm ...... 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I think this is the biggest risk to Gregory. If he had knowledge of the two separate issues and all he did was make Herrion apologize in an attempt to "help the player(s) get past it", then there has to be some level of accountability. 

The problem with firing him now is that transfers are already coming in expecting Gregory as the HC, and landing a viable long term replacement becomes more challenging with the timing and the circumstances. If Kelly does decide to fire Gregory, the best path may be to just give Wagers or Dixon the interim tag for the incoming season like Wichita State did with Isaac Brown. With Gregory and Herrion gone, they might have a chance to keep a couple of the guys that entered the portal.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I'm hoping this is sarcasm ...... 

Kind of hard to tell with Frisco these days ...... he may be going through The Change.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Kind of hard to tell with Frisco these days ...... he may be going through The Change.

I speak in hyperbole at times and wouldn’t expect someone like yourself with limited intelligence to understand the complexities of my thought process.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I speak in hyperbole at times and wouldn’t expect someone like yourself with limited intelligence to understand the complexities of my thought process.  

I'm under the impression that the more limited the intelligence, the better the chance to understand your thought process ....

• Haha 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

On 4/4/2021 at 6:48 AM, bcgruber said:

OR you could just come out quickly with the results of the investigation and move on from there

I think the time this is taking is a result of not wanting to fire CBG (whether or not the facts stand).  Either that, or under Mr. Kelly's leadership and the new USF Administration, we'll actually fully investigate and make a prudent decision.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I think the length of time indicates that it isn't, but we'll let an independent investigation decide so we don't have to suffer the backlash either way.

Would be cool if USF actually uses an independent investigator.  Typically they brought in the hatchetman (Thomas Gonzalez), but that was the Genshaft era.  Maybe the rule of law survives the campus this time.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Here you go:

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F1125%2Fr632884_1

Arizona has fired basketball coach Sean Miller, sources told ESPN. Arizona had been ensnared in the 2017 federal investigation into corruption in college basketball.

54 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Here you go:

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F1125%2Fr632884_1

Arizona has fired basketball coach Sean Miller, sources told ESPN. Arizona had been ensnared in the 2017 federal investigation into corruption in college basketball.

I've been to Arizona practices and I've met Sean Miller....  

I liked him a lot better before he arrived at Arizona.