• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mack signs one year contract with Colts for $2 mil

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

37 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Marlon Mack is also a RB coming off a major injury, who likely had no suiters that were willing to pay him over 2 mil. I would have liked to have seen it, but signing him will not make or break the team. Generally I think in today's NFL it is a bad idea to give big money to a RB (not that 2m is anywhere near big money) Draft a guy in the 2nd round and you likly have a good back. I suspect that we will be drafting a RB in the first 2 rounds. 

Last big time back we had was Ricky, maybe Ronnie could qualify too. 

Marlon Mack also had a 1000 yard season and an upward trajectory prior to his injury. Go watch his highlights. The dolphins just paid Malcom Brown **** near $2millon and he has no 1000 seasons under his belt. Malcom Brown sucks....Marlson Mack doesnt suck...its just that simple. So why not give that $2 mil to Mack? Thats just bad player selection.  

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Marlon Mack also had a 1000 yard season and an upward trajectory prior to his injury. Go watch his highlights. The dolphins just paid Malcom Brown **** near $2millon and he has no 1000 seasons under his belt. Malcom Brown sucks....Marlson Mack doesnt suck...its just that simple. So why not give that $2 mil to Mack? Thats just bad player selection.  

I agree that I would have prefered Mack, however I have on my USF blinders. Neither should be starters to be honest. I suspect we will have a RB better than either that is in the back field the majority of the time. 

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

48 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Would've loved for Miami to sign Mack but I think Malcom Brown makes more sense for them at that price point. Most importantly, he's not injured. He's also more of a goal line back that will be a more useful compliment to an every down back I expect them to target in the draft. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Watch Marlon go Marlon and prove the injury wrong. You go boy.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

I really wish the Bucs signed him. Him and Jones would have made for an awesome duo. Though I don't remember if he had hands. He seemed to mostly be a strong shifty runner. 

Still glad to see him back on a team

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

They have been "building" for the past 20 years. I cant remember the last time they had a steady all star running back. Its almost a new RB every year. Marlon Mack is only getting paid $2mill...you mean to tell me they couldnt beat that? They just signed sorry a$$ Malcolm Brown for $1.75 million contract fully guaranteed. The whole RB stable is trash. Marlon Mack didnt have a high price this year. 

Malcom Brown will surprise you. He is very good. The Rams gave him no opportunity last year and he was very good in backing up Gurley two years ago. Why should the Dolphins sign a kid who is coming off major surgery? Put your green googles down for a minute. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Malcom Brown will surprise you. He is very good. The Rams gave him no opportunity last year and he was very good in backing up Gurley two years ago. Why should the Dolphins sign a kid who is coming off major surgery? Put your green googles down for a minute. 

Truth

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

21 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I really wish the Bucs signed him. Him and Jones would have made for an awesome duo. Though I don't remember if he had hands. He seemed to mostly be a strong shifty runner. 

Still glad to see him back on a team

He wasn’t DJ, but he caught most of what was thrown his way. Any team would be lucky to have him 

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Truth

Gurly has been injured a lot on his career and Brown barely did anything memorable. 

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Malcom Brown will surprise you. He is very goo Why should the Dolphins sign a kid who is coming off major surgery? Put your green googles down for a minute. 

Im baffled by this debate.

Marlon Mack - 25 years old, has (02) 1000 seasons under his belt and over 2300 total.

Malcom Brown - 27 years old, NEVER had a season with over 419 yards, 2 YEARS OLDER THAN MACK. Has like 1100 rushing yards TOTAL even though he has been in the league 2 more years than Mack. He also contributed NOTHING when I added him on my fantasy football team! lol 

Also, why is an injury always a death sentence? Plenty of players come back and do well. I dont need my goggles to think Mack is a great RB. His work speaks for itself. 

• Upvote 1