• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Entire USF Mens basketball team is transfering. (well only 5 so far)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

It's being reported that Anderson is heading to the College of Southern Idaho, which suggests to me that he may just not be that good of a player. 

His defense is terrible. He wanted to come to USF, be close to home and jack up 3's all day. There is no room for that in Gregory style offense/defense, which makes me wonder why we had him transfer in.

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This. From the outside it looks like the walls are crumbling relative to the sports that are followed by most. I am still is disbelief with what is happening with MBB. 

Gotta believe it’s not over. If you’re Murphy and you were so highly recruited, why would you stick around with this happening? He’d have no problem finding another spot to land. And he’d still have 4 years.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dave Glaser said:

Gotta believe it’s not over. If you’re Murphy and you were so highly recruited, why would you stick around with this happening? He’d have no problem finding another spot to land. And he’d still have 4 years.

Same with Durr. Already some rumblings he may head back to play in Georgia.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Breaking this down further, Castanada is the most shocking and hurtful departure. Akec was a depth piece that barely contributed this season. Anderson clearly wasn't a good fit and has gone from Big 12 to AAC to D2. Williams was under utilized and may feel that he fits better somewhere else for scheme purposes. Collins and Brown are not shocking given that the graduated. 

Maybe CBG has some guys ready to transfer in that he feels will work better than the guys we have leaving. Other than X, all of the other guys either graduated or were depth pieces. This could still turn out ok. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

Breaking this down further, Castanada is the most shocking and hurtful departure. Akec was a depth piece that barely contributed this season. Anderson clearly wasn't a good fit and has gone from Big 12 to AAC to D2. Williams was under utilized and may feel that he fits better somewhere else for scheme purposes. Collins and Brown are not shocking given that the graduated. 

Maybe CBG has some guys ready to transfer in that he feels will work better than the guys we have leaving. Other than X, all of the other guys either graduated or were depth pieces. This could still turn out ok. 

I love your optimism. If only Walt Disney had your imagination, think of the things he could have done (teasing).

Just now, bjef4844 said:

Same with Durr. Already some rumblings he may head back to play in Georgia.

If we actually lose Murphy and Durr then CBG has to go, right? But I am willing to take a minute and take a deep breath to see what ends up happening. I think we all knew that there was a good chance that Yetna bolts, so it isn't cause for panic if he decides to go to France. If we lose any from Durr, Murphy, Chaplin, and Tchewa, we are screwed. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Exactly how I feel about it. Now if Durr takes off then yes there are big issues in program

2 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

I love your optimism. If only Walt Disney had your imagination, think of the things he could have done (teasing).

I get that you are teasing, but I am not seeing anything too alarming. No one really wanted Collins back. Brown gave us 4 years here and may just want a change of scenery. Anderson was never going to do anything. Williams underwhelmed in his time here. Akec was a non-factor. Castaneda is the big loss here and the one that is troubling. If he is joined by another expected contributor for next year (not just a depth piece) I will be legitimately concerned. 

Don't forget that our roster was already full of transfers and misfits. Oduro, Dawson, Anderson, and Tchewa all transferred in here from other bigger names programs. What is most telling is how none of them really made a big splash. Deep breaths everyone. There is smoke, but that doesn't mean there is a 5 alarm blaze. 

Edited by BullyPulpit
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

If we actually lose Murphy and Durr then CBG has to go, right? But I am willing to take a minute and take a deep breath to see what ends up happening. I think we all knew that there was a good chance that Yetna bolts, so it isn't cause for panic if he decides to go to France. If we lose any from Durr, Murphy, Chaplin, and Tchewa, we are screwed. 

Its a fair point. Things are snowballing right now so we are projecting out and we haven't seen what Gregory may be able to put together. Although I do think Gregory's strength is in recruiting, this has to stain him to potential recruits/transfers. And even when he does get players to transfer in, he has shown no ability to fit pieces together offensively in ay competent way.

This is how it ended for Bobby Paschal in 1996 - he could barely field a team at the end of the season, James Harper revolted and that was it for Paschal.

Just now, bjef4844 said:

Its a fair point. Things are snowballing right now so we are projecting out and we haven't seen what Gregory may be able to put together. Although I do think Gregory's strength is in recruiting, this has to stain him to potential recruits/transfers. And even when he does get players to transfer in, he has shown no ability to fit pieces together offensively in ay competent way.

This is how it ended for Bobby Paschal in 1996 - he could barely field a team at the end of the season, James Harper revolted and that was it for Paschal.

It very well could be his demise. The entire house could be on fire. Or, this is just a slightly higher level of attrition than we were expecting and things work out ok. With regard to these transfers, you have to wonder how good these guys are when they couldn't cut it in P5 so they came here. We needed depth given the circumstances, so it was natural for CBG to take them, even if they weren't a great player or fit (see Anderson). If they were the best of our bad options and we were the best of their bad options, then so be it. Relationships like that are destined to fail.