• Join Today

Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

Entire USF Mens basketball team is transfering. (well only 5 so far)

9 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

No, I think my theory was pretty well stated - I think he is a terrible coach and potentially a poor people leader by allowing Collins to get too much control. I don't think anyone expected Collins or Brown back, but the other 2 are surprises. Castaneda is the one that is raising red flags. Throw in Anderson who says he wants to transfer somewhere that values 3 point shooters, and now you have 5 players who are choosing NOT to stay. And I think you could see as many as 3 other players make the decision to leave the program.

Have to say I was ahead of the curve (again) on Gregory needing to get fired, I just didn't think it was the players who were going to be the ones to "fire" Gregory. I guess they are just being unrealistic and impatient as well. 

When you are right, you're right.  It is a "gotzto go siteation". Wish I had asked for a refund instead of transferring my tickets to next year.

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

When you are right, you're right.  It is a "gotzto go siteation". Wish I had asked for a refund instead of transferring my tickets to next year.

Look at it this way, with this kind of turnover Kelly is going to have to give Gregory a 2 year extension, so he can get "his guys" into the system lol.

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Taking a page out of the Jose Fernandez playbook now? Maybe that's the way to go - turn the men's team as international as the women.

Thought the same thing when I saw that.

Just now, bjef4844 said:

Look at it this way, with this kind of turnover Kelly is going to have to give Gregory a 2 year extension, so he can get "his guys" into the system lol.

Unfortunately nothing funny about this.  WTF?  He seems like a reasonable guy other than he hates offense.

• Upvote 1

Really disappointing. There was so much promise two seasons ago. It looked like we had a young team that was poised to do some really nice things, but it wouldn’t be USF men’s basketball if it didn’t end up like this, I guess.

• Upvote 3