• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Entire USF Mens basketball team is transfering. (well only 5 so far)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,794
  • Days Won:  22

We been awful past two years. Let’s see what Gregory brings in. This certainly puts a bigger mark on him for next year

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

Yep, I don't expect Yetna back. Cannot wait to see what kind of roster Gregory puts together, and more importantly how he gets all of the new pieces to fit into a competent half court scheme.

This may be his worst team since the Year 1 team finished 10-22.

21 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

We been awful past two years. Let’s see what Gregory brings in. This certainly puts a bigger mark on him for next year

If Kelly doesn't fire him for the mass exodus then he is never going to fire him. When a player leaves you can chalk that up to many different things, but when 5+ players leave then that's directly on the coach. I still think Yetna goes back to France and Murphy and Durr are now also transfer portal candidates - everyone else is jumping off the sinking ship and those two have the most promising futures of all if they can catch on with the right programs.

I knew Gregory was an awful coach, but I always thought the players played hard for him (mostly) and he had developed a good followership by getting guys to come here, but now I am wondering what the reason is to keep a terrible people leader and coach is, other then our A-SUN budget can't afford a $435k buyout.

Effective leaders need to identify cancers and make swift, decisive moves. Waiting a year to address a cancer is why the football team hasn't won an FBS game in almost 2 years.

Another house is on fire and Kelly is standing by watching.

Edited by bjef4844
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,794
  • Days Won:  22

9 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

If Kelly doesn't fire him for the mass exodus then he is never going to fire him. When a player leaves you can chalk that up to many different things, but when 5+ players leave then that's directly on the coach. I still think Yetna goes back to France and Murphy and Durr are now also transfer portal candidates - everyone else is jumping off the sinking ship and those two have the most promising futures of all if they can catch on with the right programs.

I knew Gregory was an awful coach but I always thought the players played hard for him (mostly) and he had developed a good followership, but now I am wondering what the reason is to keep a terrible people leader is other then our A-SUN budget can't afford a $435k buyout.

Effective leaders need to identify cancers and make swift, decisive moves. Waiting a year to address a cancer is why the football team hasn't won an FBS game in almost 2 years.

Another house is on fire and Kelly is standing by watching.

Let’s not jump to conclusions too early. The losing players hasn’t happened before under Gregory. Some like Brown, Collins are not unexpected they have been here all 4 years and COVID has granted them an extra one. If Yetna leaves because he wants to play pro in France that’s also understandable. Williams was going to be a bench player at best, he has been here long enough and had minimal impact so understandable for him to go elsewhere.  Only Castaneda to me is a surprise and a warning since he would be a starter next year. 
covid has given a way for many to have an extra year and also to transfer without penalty.

let’s see what happens and who he brings in. To me he was going to be in a critical year next year and this just accelerate it.

Edited by Cubanbull

8 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Let’s not jump to conclusions too early. The losing players hasn’t happened before under Gregory. Some like Brown, Collins are not unexpected they have been here all 4 years and COVID has granted them an extra one. If Yetna leaves because he wants to play pro in France that’s also understandable. Williams was going to be a bench player at best, he has been here long enough and had minimal impact so understandable for him to go elsewhere.  Only Castaneda to me is a surprise and a warning since he would be a starter next year. 
covid gas given a way for many to have an extra year and also to transfer without penalty.

let’s see what happens and who he brings in. To me he was going to be in a critical year next year and this just accelerate it.

I think Gregory is now stained by this. Players considering coming here are going to have to take an extra look to see why, between 5-8, players would leave and the coach remains.

Cincinnati is going through some of the same issues right now with 6 players entering the portal and their head coach is only in Year 1, and word is he might not see Year 2.

I think the word is going to get out on Gregory soon enough.

Edited by bjef4844

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

So your theory is it took Brown and DC 4 years to realize they didn't like CBG?   Maybe that's the problem with this team ........

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

14 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

So your theory is it took Brown and DC 4 years to realize they didn't like CBG?   Maybe that's the problem with this team ........

Everyone knows that you can’t start determining how you feel about a coach at least until that point...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Everyone knows that you can’t start determining how you feel about a coach at least until that point...

Not the players wise guy ...... 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Not the players wise guy ...... 

I make me laugh

29 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

No, I think my theory was pretty well stated - I think he is a terrible coach and potentially a poor people leader by allowing Collins to get too much control. I don't think anyone expected Collins or Brown back, but the other 2 are surprises. Castaneda is the one that is raising red flags. Throw in Anderson who says he wants to transfer somewhere that values 3 point shooters, and now you have 5 players who are choosing NOT to stay. And I think you could see as many as 3 other players make the decision to leave the program.

Have to say I was ahead of the curve (again) on Gregory needing to get fired, I just didn't think it was the players who were going to be the ones to "fire" Gregory. I guess they are just being unrealistic and impatient as well.